Quantcast

Who's been to Highland???

Nov 16, 2007
So I've recently gotten back into the DH/FR game and have been to Diablo a few times so far this season. I find Diablo ALOT of fun and I can ride everything there confidently...still getting used to the knarlier rock gardens though.

I have the chance to go on a 3-4 day trip to Highland and wanted to see everyone's take on the place...
Is it worth the trip from Long Island?
I want to hear every and anything about the place

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I second the awesome and worth it thing. Its the closest thing you'll find to Whistler around here (northeast). Super flowy

tk1085

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
highland is super fun and challenging if you can ride everything at diablo you could quite possibly ride everything there (excluding the new line(not that you couldnt) and the locked stuff) but in my pers appin it is far better for freeride than diablo but doesnt compare really in the pure DH sense,ie rock gardens but all in all last time i went i didnt want to leave so i'd say it is deff worth the trip:happydance:

trevorson8

Chimp
May 5, 2008
Boston, MA
i just got back from the slopestyle comp there......that course is fun

the trails are surprisingly long for the size of the hill, but they're super fun and flowy. they aren't terribly technical though. i was on a shorter travel bike, so i was riding NE style a lot, which is sort of a cross between dominion and alpine...but with some ladder bridges and drops. the whole mountain is a lot of fun, but the jump timing/speed is a lot different than diablo.....took me a bit to adjust.

i think its worth the trip just to change it up.....i just got back to northern westchester in 3:35 when google maps said 4:19, so the ride isn't as bad as it sounds

dmolaver

Chimp
May 5, 2008
i heard it's awesome. i'll be going up there with a few friends this saturday. from what i've heard from people who have been to both highland and diablo, it's diablo with less trails, but bigger hits

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
ii usually go twice every year for the past 3 years and it's definetly worth the trip. however, this is basically a freeride park - but there are always ways around the jumps/drops etc. they have some video of the trials on you tube