Quantcast

Who's going to Firestone?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Let's figure out who all are going and what times they can leave at. I have no work on Friday, so can leave anytime on Friday. I have talked to both Dre2Feo and Brian Roades and both are down to go, and I guess James McNiel is also going.
Also are you guys camping, and are you going to shuttle the SB trails on Sunday?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
yeah. me to, although I need to bring some slow people with me since you all are ::serious:: riders and stuff.

Do you think there will be lost of people there doing the same thing? Somebody should warn the hikers that the front country is gonna be a madhouse.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What time is registration? What time is practice on Saturday? And what time do the riders go off?

old ol

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
skatetokil said:
yeah. me to, although I need to bring some slow people with me since you all are ::serious:: riders and stuff.

Do you think there will be lost of people there doing the same thing? Somebody should warn the hikers that the front country is gonna be a madhouse.

Dude you better warn yourself, there is gonna be somone that will remain nameless, waiting for you bunch of idiots with a hickory stick, right when tunnel hits the pavement!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
konabiker said:
I be there. For the love of God people...stay off of the front country.
Dude, wrong attitude. Try "Use a bell and be nice to rich hikers" next time:rofl:

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
konabiker said:
I be there. For the love of God people...stay off of the front country.
I was riding those same trails last weekend. As long as you are responsible, wearing a bell, and are polite to the hikers, there is no problem. I also wasn't the only one there. There was a couple different groups shuttling.
Hell, there were more hikers on the non front country trail we were riding, but they actually wanted us to go fast by them, so we did on our next run on that trail.

Dec 20, 2005
I am off there, should be fun. ride the front country if you want but for the best runs do them very very early. I took tunnel on saturday and got to the top at 6:20. on the way down I passed 3 groups of hikers, its fun but at the moment on the middle flatish section there is a lot of greenery arround so the visibility is pretty low so watch out, use the bells. all of the people were pretty good when I was coming down the trail.