Quantcast

Who's going to the US Open on Memorial day?

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
BigMike said:
Well, you talked me into it :)

Where is everyone staying? Is there a cheap hotel around? camping? whats the deal?
There's a Days Inn nearby in McAfee, I think it's around $90 a night. Definetely want to reserve a room if you're gonna stay there, cause it'll be full the day of.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
is everybody racing during the weekend or just going to play on the trails??? Im not sure if i want to race.. i feel like just riding and hanging out

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
hooples3 said:
is everybody racing during the weekend or just going to play on the trails??? Im not sure if i want to race.. i feel like just riding and hanging out
i'll be doing both:thumb:

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
hooples3 said:
its a deal just to race. Think about it, 60 bucks for AM and 3 days of riding (if you qualify... which my buddy did last year with no chain). Regular tickets are 28 a day. You can still ride the rest of the mountain as much as youd like.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
profro said:
Registered for Pro/Open yesterday. Now, I officially welcome the a$$ whooping that I'm going to recieve. :)
The way the course is laid out doesn't make pro practice too bad. Unless your a real poser, you will not get in the way of the really fast pro rides except for in the rocky section toward the top maybe. The rest of the course is open enough that they will pass if they want. I had Sam Hill blow by me last year. You are fast enough that you will not have any problems. You will be surprized how much nicer Pro practice is than the Expert Snowshoe traffic jam.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I'll be there Fri, Sat, Sun to ride, practice, race and watch. I will be there with the Middlebury College downhill team (meaning I will be there by myself).

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...can't wait - I'll be there hanging out and drinking. (a few)

Actually last year, my girlfriend and I went to all the nightspots around MC and couldn't find anything going on - even on site at The Creek... Being new to DH, and a snowboarder for the past 14 years, I guess a lot of people really take the whole "I can't party cause I am racing" thing all the way...

Registered for Pro/Open yesterday. Now, I officially welcome the a$$ whooping that I'm going to recieve.
Heh - yeah, last year Sam Hill set a new course record with something like 2min 55sec... THAT is haulin some serious ass.

Thank God for Am class - and I will get my a$$ whooped just as hard... :D

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Im pissed. My mommie doesent want to go down there so instead i have to settle for some shuttle runs in VT.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
All the way from Cali, baby! going to get my ass handed to me because of the East Coast Gnar factor that i don't know how to ride. :thumb: can't wait.

ChrisKring said:
You will be surprized how much nicer Pro practice is than the Expert Snowshoe traffic jam.
so is the Amateur practice like a big cluster fu*k, or what? are there really going to be 150 racers in Amateur?

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
Jeremy R said:
Yep, I just went ahead and donated $75 to Sam Hill by registering.
Maybe I should just paypal him and save me a trip. :blah:
I dont know if it will end that way this year. There are A LOT of top name pros already registered and definatly more to come. Its definatly gonna be an awesome race and the competition is gonna be top notch.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
bikeninja said:
All the way from Cali, baby! going to get my ass handed to me because of the East Coast Gnar factor that i don't know how to ride. :thumb: can't wait.

so is the Amateur practice like a big cluster fu*k, or what? are there really going to be 150 racers in Amateur?
last year there was a log-jam at one particular rock-garden, but wasn't too bad. so much of the rest of the course was fast and flowy you could really rip without having to worry about other riders jamming up in front of you. Think there were 160something riders in AM last year.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Jimmy_Pop said:
my teammates will be there to punish all your asses! im not fast enough to be on the team, just the water boy and occasional fluffer.

You might want to take it easy on the fluffin with those smugglers. :rolleyes:
Oh yea, I'll be there. Not because of the smugglers.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
I'll be there!! WOOT cant wait going tomorrow to for opening day. Sucks im going Friday night will only be able to put in a couple of practice runs in on saturday before my race..Oh well see yaz all there.

Thats the case with most rock gardens (rockys routes at mount snow was terrrrible) everybody stops at the top and goes down.. one by one. With 150 racers ranging in age its going to happen. If everyone asks politely..or pushes them down it will move quickly

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'll be there friday morning! we got a campsite at some place called 'sun-air campground' it's about the only place that wasn't booked.

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
I'll be there thursday through monday. I can't wait, Diablo is a blast. I definitely want to hit up that A-line style trail that I've seen pictures of (along with ever other trail). We never saw it at last years US Open. Was it built soon after?