Quantcast

Who's had experience with an Elka on a Demo?

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
Going into my 3rd year racing a 2011 Demo with an RC4. Had some decent use out of it and thinking about freshening things up for '13 - new bearings and rear shock etc.

I put an Elka Stage 5 on my last bike (Corsair Crown in 2010) and I swore I would never ride a different brand of rear shock again. It transformed the bike, had a simply amazing feel. Granted these are two very different bikes, with very different designs. So I was looking to see if anyone has had anytime on a Demo with an Elka?

Really not interested in a Double Barrel - seen team mates break them multiple times lat year. Either going for an Elka or will keep the RC4.

Cheers

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm under the impression that the demo has a fairly linear rate...so a shock like the RC4, with its built-in adjustable progression, would be a great match. The double barrel, on the other hand, is far more linear, and therefore not well suited to the demo's curve.

I don't know if the elka is one or the other, but if it has adjustable volume/bottom out, I would imagine it could be made quite happy on the demo.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Haven't really seen any Elkas On demos. I can say that the CCDB is much better than an rc4 on the Demo. I don't care what numbers say, I care about he feel.

Brett

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011
Keep your RC4, go up 50lbs in spring rate and back your compression off as much as you can. Best way to ride a demo.