Quantcast

Who's still riding? (or the global warming appreciation thread)

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I rode a tennis court yesterday working on nose manuals on the pedals and front pegs (with tailwhips), and other flatland stuff that I'd like to work into what I do at the skatepark. I actually broke a bit of a sweat.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I rode about 10 miles of singletrack on Friday. Hiked about 5 or 6 miles Saturday. Went to a musuem and ate yummy thai in DC Sunday, and slept all day yesterday.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Last week I went on a 45 mile cyclocross ride. It was low 50's out. Ended up being a real nice ride. Hopefully I will get my new spring for my dhx this week so I can do some early morning DH riding before work.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I got in a 3 hour long, snowless ride, wearing shorts, on Cape Cod Sunday morning. The ground was pretty firm and fast due to rain Saturday and freezing temps Saturday night, but the temps for the ride were in the upper 30s to lower 40s.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
I rode Thur., Fri., Sat., and Sunday. It's been so nice. Actually, since the end of October I've more than tripled the number of rides this year. The middle of summer I was at like 6, now I've got close to 40.:clapping:
Saturday morning was the best. Early morning, all the trails were 1/2" of virgin powder, nice sun... best time I've had on a bike in a very long time. I actually felt like a kid again.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Riding? Um...no.

I did get up to Copper Mountain for some snowboarding last Thurs. Unfortunately, that's the day we got snow storm #2 and what should have been a 1.5 hour drive home ended up being a 6.5 hour crawl.

Mackinsaw

Chimp
Apr 25, 2006
thunder bay, ON
Theres an outdoor pool nearby that is about 12 feet high an my and some friends are in the process of making a drop in. But other than that I don't really care because I'm carvin the pow on my new snowmobile. Way gnarlier than anything I've ever done on wheels.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:monkeydance: :monkeydance:

:plthumbsdown: That's hideous. We went up the Thursday of the prior storm & took us about 2 hours each way. :thumb:
My mum finally got back to Albuquerque from Pueblo CO on Monday nite... a 5 hr drive was a 10.5 hour crawl as well...

she did say her new 4x4 Tundra did well in the crappy conditions. :)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
My mum finally got back to Albuquerque from Pueblo CO on Monday nite... a 5 hr drive was a 10.5 hour crawl as well...

she did say her new 4x4 Tundra did well in the crappy conditions. :)
The Tundra would be an excellent choice for this crap. As is my Tacoma. I haven't had any problems getting around, but if I had snow tires instead of regular A/Ts, I'd be invincible.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It's pretty rough in the Bay Area, but I am properly dressed for my 50 degree tonight. I hope I won't be too cold.

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
what's your avy say? "Life sucks. ______ your spoon is to _____."

Oh, btw - how's that cost of living treating you?
Life sucks when your spoon is too big. Funny to some not to others, intended for the some. As for cost of living, i have never lived anywhere else so im just sort of used to it, my rent just went up again tho, just over 1100 for a 1 bedroom...it is t3h suck but i get to ride year around.

JP

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I rode New Years Eve (morning), New Years Day (night) and last night, still haven't had to wear long pants on a single ride this winter up here in central Massachusetts.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Street riding tonight, supposed to be 50-60 here today! I was going to a "snow" DS bike race this Sunday, but I think it'll be mud instead...poor NE skiiers...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Rode New Years eve. Had a good sized group at Oakley Corners. Looks like some Shindagin Hollow fun this weekend. Best NY winter ever.
I lived in Ithaca for 4 years and could barely manouver my car through the snow there most Decembers and now there's mountainbiking in Jan.:shocked: What a crazy, crazy winter this is.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yep, we're supposed to get a fair bit of rain with the 50degree temps. I like the mild temps, but I wish the ground would freeze or dry out so I could ride...