Quantcast

<~-~>Why aren’t you up yet ? <~-~>

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey bruvs. I've got a half marathon to run today. I just need to put the miles in so figured I might as well do the race. I don't plan on going too hard, but hopefully fast enough to win my division. It's an hour until the start and the parking lot is now full. Glad I'm early!

Have a day!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
See my son play a soccer game. Might do a ride after or go to the gym. Ride would be better as rain tomorrow. I finally had a good nights sleep.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm awake. Second time today actually. Need to get the roof box on the car to get it loaded then off to the track in and hour.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey bruvs. I've got a half marathon to run today. I just need to put the miles in so figured I might as well do the race. I don't plan on going too hard, but hopefully fast enough to win my division. It's an hour until the start and the parking lot is now full. Glad I'm early!

Have a day!
Just don't screw up like that @Pesqueeb guy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Up. Didn't poop yesterday, which had me worried. But alas, those worries have now exited the body.

Riding with a buddy today and then we're having a little party after.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Early visitor. DSO lost her mind. It made the shared dumpster look small (bear proof so can't get in)
20240525_065701.jpg

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
heading over to durham to see wifey's fam for today and tomorrow. that's about it. got the right hardware to finally mount the kitsuma air. will throw it on on monday and check it out

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
working 7-5 from home

which is just as well as the allergies vs strep or other cooties question is still up in the air really

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Going to the dump after I take a dump.

that is all
I finally got rid of that mattress along with some crap for the back yard.

I tried to start Frita, but that crap battery is dead. Debating on buying a new NAPA battery, or suck it up and get a lipo battery and isolator.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today was good. Her friend that got hit be a car 7mos ago was cleared to drive and at the track.
1000005078.jpg

Coaching was that her lines were pretty much spot on, but she needed to be more aggressive with her braking points. Next session, she bought back .15sec through correction.

She is exhausted though. The talk about fitness came up again. Greg was talking with a dad about natural talent vs. hard work. He made the point that he's seen amazingly talented drivers fail because they wouldn't work hard, and lesser talented drivers become amazing through lots of work. He's told Haley before that she has a lot of natural talent, so this was an unintentional shot, but hopefully she heard it. I called her on it on the drive, hopefully she learns.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I ‘ve been riding bikes since I can remember- literally. Raced pretty much everything except track. Bmx, cyclocross, crits, hillclimbs, xc, 4x, dh, 24 hr, etc., etc.

Today I learned that when I climb, I put the ball of my foot over the spindle. When I rip / descend, I center my foot. Never thought about it for a second in 50+ years, but noticed it today after reading the comment section on Pinkbike. Still not sure if my pedals are concave or convex.

:coolstoryoldfucker:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I shinned myself with a pedal and while it hurt the pain was nothing compared to what happened when I was pulling my foot out of my riding shoe at home. My foot popped out and I heeled myself in the same spot I shinned myself. Damn near dropped me in agony.