Quantcast

why aren't you a partisan sellout?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
for me, i'm right leaning, but can't go hook, line & sinker for the RNC for these reasons:
  • capital punishment
  • environmental policy
  • energy policy
  • fiscal irresponsibility

what keeps you from being a sellout to DNC or RNC? (Plz pick party to which you're more closely aligned)

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I lean to the right but I don't agree with the current administration for a few reasons which include:

*Abortion- I'm on the fence for this one, I believe it should be legal but also believe that people should be responsible about sex.

*Fiscal irresponsibility - If you spend more money, you need to raise taxes. If you spend less money, you can lower taxes. I really don't see how it is so confusing.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Because I am a wishy washy fence sitter. :monkey:

Seriously though both parties have their good and bad points, and for the most part and I don't really feel like I should join one or the other. I always register as an independent, but if I was forced to choose a party I would have to go Libertarian.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Economic moderate. Social libertine.

There ain't no party for people like me...

Edit: Doesn't really matter. I can't vote anyways. I'm just along for the ride.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I guess the party that most closely represents my political philosophy is the Libertarian Party. I lean right on most economic issues and left on most social ones with just enough exceptions to confuse the Hell out of anyone that knows me. I believe in judging issues as I judge candidates- individually.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think we should nuke the French, all the Arabs, Hippies, people with accents, the fish, bugs and any other carbon based lifeform. I normally vote republican but anymore they are a bunch of commie pinko tree hugging liberals.

Really I am fically conservative and consider myself a social libertarian. I hate the Republicans current fiscal irresposibility and foreign policy driven by personal grudges. When the Republicans are not insane as they are now I normally disagree with the republicans on environmental issues. I disagree with Democrats on social programs like welfare and healthcare but these days with the geezer vote as strong as it is the Reps are even screwing up there.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm right leaning but being my size i generally fall over when i lean that far:D

i'm still undecided about bush....think he did the right thing as far as having the balls to fight but am a bit skeptical as to his motives.

pro life "if it's not a baby, you're not pregnant"

pro guns. would you rob someone you knew was armed?

hate friggin hippies and tree huggers. if given the opportunity to be involved in the senseless flogging of either a politician or a high ranking member of PETA.....i'd choose the PETA freak.

i rarely vote as i'm usually not pleased with either candidate.

a little satire of my political beliefs :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
As a European, it's nice to hear some Americans being honest about their veiws of Bush.. Generaly when a Euro talks to Americans then America can do no wrong and so on so forth..

Good stuff guys. :)

My general guidelines:

Abortion / Gay marriage etc: It has nothing to do with me if other people decide to have abortions or get married and it really won't affect me in any way. How could I possibly object? They're not hurting me or themselves.

Neo-Conservatives: Not a good thing. G.W. has caused America to be hated by the rest of the world more than any other Pres ever. He is such a hypocrite it is not hard to see why people feel this way. Criticising China and Russia over Democracy and Human rights whilst he runs Guantanomo? WTF? He is obviously destructive. And since when was it OK to practice revenge? Aren't we above that? Isn't that the point?
One thing I think the media (especially CNN + Fox ) pedal is that Bush's policies work and have a positive effect on things, whereas in reality all they cause is rage. This thing in Isreal is a great example. Also why does AMerica continue to support Isreal? If they just told Sharon to **** off then so many people in the world would be so much more behind you!

I dunno, I guess I just hope by some magic Clinton is re-elected pres. That would be brilliant. Why did you guys ever get rid of him?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by Changleen
As a European, it's nice to hear some Americans being honest about their veiws of Bush.. Generaly when a Euro talks to Americans then America can do no wrong and so on so forth..

Good stuff guys. :)

My general guidelines:

Abortion / Gay marriage etc: It has nothing to do with me if other people decide to have abortions or get married and it really won't affect me in any way. How could I possibly object? They're not hurting me or themselves.

Neo-Conservatives: Not a good thing. G.W. has caused America to be hated by the rest of the world more than any other Pres ever. He is such a hypocrite it is not hard to see why people feel this way. Criticising China and Russia over Democracy and Human rights whilst he runs Guantanomo? WTF? He is obviously destructive. And since when was it OK to practice revenge? Aren't we above that? Isn't that the point?
One thing I think the media (especially CNN + Fox ) pedal is that Bush's policies work and have a positive effect on things, whereas in reality all they cause is rage. This thing in Isreal is a great example. Also why does AMerica continue to support Isreal? If they just told Sharon to **** off then so many people in the world would be so much more behind you!

I dunno, I guess I just hope by some magic Clinton is re-elected pres. That would be brilliant. Why did you guys ever get rid of him?
:rolleyes: Why are so many Euros idealogically cloned? :rolleyes:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We're not - we're just able to think for ourselves and realise foreigners are people too, more than some people apparantly...:rolleyes:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
as a parent, i can tell you that having a child greatly affected my life. Perhaps that wasn't what you meant(?).
Neo-Conservatives: Not a good thing. G.W. has caused America to be hated by the rest of the world more than any other Pres ever. He is such a hypocrite it is not hard to see why people feel this way.
you don't lead by consensus
Criticising China and Russia over Democracy and Human rights whilst he runs Guantanomo? WTF?
do you have a bodycount handy for camp x-ray? I'm a little unsure what your understanding of human rights violations among china, russia, gitmo are. Please explain, if willing.
He is obviously destructive. And since when was it OK to practice revenge? Aren't we above that?
still bangin' that drum, eh?
One thing I think the media (especially CNN + Fox ) pedal is that Bush's policies work and have a positive effect on things, whereas in reality all they cause is rage.
why not both?
This thing in Isreal is a great example. Also why does AMerica continue to support Isreal? If they just told Sharon to **** off then so many people in the world would be so much more behind you!
but, with all the jews gone, we wouldn't have our media, wall street, florida tourism, & nation of islam. We need them.
clinton was a US president, not EU. To be sure, you may have him. Lock, stock & premoistened cigar.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by $tinkle
but, with all the jews gone, we wouldn't have our media, wall street, florida tourism, & nation of islam. We need them.
Don't forget my favorite jew... Jon Stewart. I don't think the Daily Show would be quite as good without him.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
We're not - we're just able to think for ourselves and realise foreigners are people too, more than some people apparantly...:rolleyes:
I have no problem with "foreigners". Ich bin ein auslander, eh? My response was a tongue-in-cheek retort based on my observation that Europeans exhibit far more political solidarity, transcending international borders, than Americans. We debate everything and have a fairly even distribution of conservatives vs. liberals. On my fairly extensive travels in Europe over several months, I came across many more liberal types than did I conservatives. In fact, even your conservatives are liberal by our standards. Your statement that "we're just able to think for ourselves" seems to contradict my observations, however. Does this clarify my viewpoint?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so, your high minded opinions just happen to be the same ones i see on Deutche Welle, or read in Agence France Presse or the beeb?

i would never make the claim that my opinions are formed in a vacuum. Perhaps you mean you think as a "collective"?

if i seem curt, do not mistake that for dismissing what you say b/c of your euroness, but rather the manner in which you lean upon it for validation. We have folks here who do that, & i think you call them "cowboys", & rightly so.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
as a parent, i can tell you that having a child greatly affected my life. Perhaps that wasn't what you meant(?).

Indeed. I meant I have no right to dictate what other people do with their lives, provided they don't hurt me.

'you' meaning the US President or me?

do you have a bodycount handy for camp x-ray? I'm a little unsure what your understanding of human rights violations among china, russia, gitmo are. Please explain, if willing.
Human rights isn't about body count. It's about basic freedoms. Like the right to a lawyer, like not being held for 2 years, in some cases in solitary confinement, with zero evidence against you. SO far everyone released from Guantanomo has had absolutely no connection with the Taliban, Al Quaida or any form of terrorism.
It's just a bit much for the US to criticise other nations about Human rights abuses (obviously the Chinese are a pretty long way from being perfect) but clean your own house first eh?
Like wise with Democracy. GW recently criticised the Russian elections as undemocratic, whereas in reality they were far more democratic than the US's last sham of an election.

still bangin' that drum, eh?
Well, I think it's quite an important one....

why not both?
Because they're mutually exclusive in anything other than the extremly short term?

Um, denouncing Isreal's position and illegal killings wouldn't make your Jews all suddenly vanish...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
I have no problem with "foreigners". Ich bin ein auslander, eh? My response was a tongue-in-cheek retort based on my observation that Europeans exhibit far more political solidarity, transcending international borders, than Americans. We debate everything and have a fairly even distribution of conservatives vs. liberals. On my fairly extensive travels in Europe over several months, I came across many more liberal types than did I conservatives. In fact, even your conservatives are liberal by our standards. Your statement that "we're just able to think for ourselves" seems to contradict my observations, however. Does this clarify my viewpoint?
Yes, I believe it does. I agree that the the European politcal spectrum is more 'liberal' (although that's not ideal word to describe it) than the US spectrum.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
so, your high minded opinions just happen to be the same ones i see on Deutche Welle, or read in Agence France Presse or the beeb?

i would never make the claim that my opinions are formed in a vacuum. Perhaps you mean you think as a "collective"?

if i seem curt, do not mistake that for dismissing what you say b/c of your euroness, but rather the manner in which you lean upon it for validation. We have folks here who do that, & i think you call them "cowboys", & rightly so.
Why do you percieve my ideas as 'high minded'? I just think they're logical. And yes, they probably do happen to be similar in some ways to the ones you may read in the more reasonable European press. That's probably because we largly experience things from the same veiwpoint, and with a high degree of shared culture and recent experience. We also are more exposed to the press and opinions of other countries, and are generally more sympathetic to them.

No opinion is formed in a vacuum. I don't presume to think you are incapable of rational thought or I wouldn't be here. Please don't think the same of me. In the end it's insulting to both of us.

Likewise, I don't feel I lean on my Euroness for validation, at least no more than you lean on you 'US'ness. Same as my last point really. Neither of us are incapable of forming our own decisions. At first glance we probably both appear to each other as somewhat stereotypical examples. It's important to look beyond that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SO far everyone released from Guantanomo has had absolutely no connection with the Taliban, Al Quaida or any form of terrorism.
Thank G-d! I sure hope they don't release anyone with connections to terrorism.

Um, denouncing Isreal's position...
And just what is Israel's position?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Indeed. I meant I have no right to dictate what other people do with their lives, provided they don't hurt me.
agreed.
'you' meaning the US President or me?
the US, for we didn't become & maintain our status as the global uberpower by sucking on the teet of the UN (although we certainly can be accused of it).
Human rights isn't about body count. It's about basic freedoms. Like the right to a lawyer, like not being held for 2 years, in some cases in solitary confinement, with zero evidence against you. SO far everyone released from Guantanomo has had absolutely no connection with the Taliban, Al Quaida or any form of terrorism.
Mohammed Ismail Agha, 15, who until last week was held at the US military base in Guantanamo Bay, said that he was treated very well and particularly enjoyed learning to speak English. His words will disappoint critics of the US policy of detaining "illegal combatants" in south-east Cuba indefinitely and without trial.
telegraph
NEW YORK: Prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay detention centre have provided interrogators with intelligence over the last two years, including details about Al Qaeda’s chemical and biological weapons efforts and its use of charities as false fund-raising fronts, The New York Times reported in its Sunday edition.
sorry, i coudn't hear you over the roar of laughter. Could you repeat?
Like wise with Democracy. GW recently criticised the Russian elections as undemocratic, whereas in reality they were far more democratic than the US's last sham of an election.
with all the drivel you've spewed on this post alone, you're now officially on my fulloshiite list
MOSCOW (AP) -- European observers said Monday that Russia's presidential election fell short of democratic standards, citing vote count flaws and biased news coverage that kept incumbent Vladimir Putin's rivals out of the spotlight.
President Bush spoke to Putin by telephone Monday, telling him his second term was an opportunity to "deepen Russian's commitment to reform - market-based reform and democratic reform," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said in Washington.
read the bloody thing yourself
Um, denouncing Isreal's position and illegal killings wouldn't make your Jews all suddenly vanish...
so, if we no longer said "we got your back" & denounced israel's right to defend themselves, things would be more peaceful? that's a bit unrealistic & polyanna, no?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
if we no longer said "we got your back" & denounced israel's right to defend themselves, things would be more peaceful? that's a bit unrealistic & polyanna, no?
If that happened, then kiss the lil' 3rd world muslim fiefdoms that border on Israel good bye cuz the Jews have the nukes... It's the US that keeps the Israelies in check (prolly not for their own good either)..

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ah, I thought that Democracy meant you DID lead by consensus..Silly me.

we didn't become & maintain our status as the global uberpower by sucking on the teet of the UN (although we certainly can be accused of it).
But you should have, and would still be the superpower. And more people would respect you.

Mohammed Ismail Agha, 15, who until last week was held at the US military base in Guantanamo Bay, said that he was treated very well and particularly enjoyed learning to speak English.
Yes, I read that too, and wondered a)why you locked up at least two 13 year olds for two years, massive threats to the US they must have been eh? and b) how much information he provided in the war on terror. Missing the point a little?

Prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay detention centre have provided interrogators with intelligence over the last two years, including details about Al Qaeda’s chemical and biological weapons efforts and its use of charities as false fund-raising fronts, The New York Times reported in its Sunday edition.
Wow, Al Quaeda do that? Now that is NEWS! (Sarcasm if you didn't notice) but for every one of your news stroies there are others:
Look..

Seriously, that's not the point. It is totally fine to capture POWs, it's totally fine to interogate them within the Geneva convention, I agree that Al Quaeda are wrong and need to be dealt with etc..
The thing people have an issue with is the way the US went about it. In the end it's gonna cause you as many new problems, if not more than it will ever solve. And your 'intelligence is now 2 years out of date! Declaring them 'Illegal combatants' - Hey, the US invaded their country, took them prisoner in some cases just for just being there, and totally flouted every international law in doing so. Don't you have even a little bit of a problem with that? or is the US above international law?

with all the drivel you've spewed on this post alone, you're now officially on my fulloshiite list
Wow, what a mature response! Good job you're so open minded to other peoples opinions!

so, if we no longer said "we got your back" & denounced israel's right to defend themselves, things would be more peaceful? that's a bit unrealistic & polyanna, no?
Actually no. I think that would help a hell of a lot. Although you would not need to denounce their right to defend themselves. Maybe you should suggest to both partys that retaliation never works, violence causes more violence, and that they're both humans after all. Oh and have a look at this: Link The US is paying for most of the carnage! Great!

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the headline reads: "Freed Afghans condemn Cuba prison", not "Dead Afghans Terrorists sent home in Pigskins", which is what i would have preferred. They didn't claim to have been buggered, which is surely what would have happened if they were in a US holding facility. Cry me a frappin river.
Washington says detainees at Guantanamo Bay are treated according to the Geneva Convention
so who should i believe? My gov't who has my interest in mind, or terrorists who want to kill my fellow citizens?
"They are all innocent people just like me - if I was a Taleban and al-Qaeda why did they release me? The others still in jail are just like me," he said.
damn right he said that. When you roll over, you better give a strong stance when you get out. What's he going to say? He got out b/c he gave the US all the terrorist intelligence he knew?

next...
that's a damn shame.
can't make eggs w/o breaking a few shells.
this story, although tragically unfortunate, makes no case for Mr Udeen's stint as being the norm

and finally...
echoes the previous.

2 questions need to be brought into the fold here:
  • is this not far better treatment than say, that of a missionary in china who passed out a bible to someone who asked for it? I mean, c'mon, at least the gitmo fellas got to go home.
  • if this was the wrong way to go about it - and you're not too subtle about your position - they what, pray tell, is better (if not right)? Tag their ears w/ gps trackers? Convert them to christianity?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
the headline reads: "Freed Afghans condemn Cuba prison", not "Dead Afghans Terrorists sent home in Pigskins", which is what i would have preferred. They didn't claim to have been buggered, which is surely what would have happened if they were in a US holding facility. Cry me a frappin river.
Despite the fact that they weren't terrorists? Jeeze. Lucky they weren't buggered? WTF? You sound worse than them.

so who should i believe? My gov't who has my interest in mind, or terrorists who want to kill my fellow citizens?
Well, given that that your government lied about WMD, lied about the budget, lies about the environment and regularly bends peoples words to suit it's own ends, I'd be erring on the side of not believing them right away, no questions asked, don't you think? And I don't think the gov exactly has your interests in mind, I think it's more their own asses they're watching out for.

Stinkle, you whole post seems to stench of an attitude that the US is right, no matter what it does, who it rolls over in the process, and how it does it. Well I'm here to tell you it's f*cking not right. What goes around comes around, and if you keep treating the rest of the world like crap, like you're above any laws, then people are gonna hate you. Is that that hard to understand?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
not when the UN is toothless, all bluster no action, & too scared to follow through on their resolutions
But you should have, and would still be the superpower. And more people would respect you.
but, these "more people" do not have our interest in mind. It sure would be nice if we could all have a coke & a smile, but i'm not waiting on it (see UN statement above). When terrorists are plotting & scheming (see: every terrorism related news article since pre-lockerbie), time is of the essence.
Just my opinion.
Shared by a few million or so american citizens.
And others around the world.
For starters.
Yes, I read that too, and wondered a)why you locked up at least two 13 year olds for two years, massive threats to the US they must have been eh? and b) how much information he provided in the war on terror. Missing the point a little?
what can i say? they had fake IDs? Didn't realize we had a combat policy of age discrimination in a warzone. Do you think that al-queda has a min age standard for jihad? If so, how much older than able to steady a rifle & pull, or walk w/ a backpack fullo semtex?
Wow, Al Quaeda do that? Now that is NEWS! (Sarcasm if you didn't notice) but for every one of your news stroies there are others:
Look..
yes, there's also the 911 coverup stories as well. Wheat from the chaff dear lad.
Seriously, that's not the point. It is totally fine to capture POWs, it's totally fine to interogate them within the Geneva convention, I agree that Al Quaeda are wrong and need to be dealt with etc..
The thing people have an issue with is the way the US went about it. In the end it's gonna cause you as many new problems, if not more than it will ever solve.
there's no such thing as wartime diplomacy.
And your 'intelligence is now 2 years out of date! Declaring them 'Illegal combatants' - Hey, the US invaded their country, took them prisoner in some cases just for just being there, and totally flouted every international law in doing so. Don't you have even a little bit of a problem with that? or is the US above international law?
out of date, eh? Do you do duck & cover exercises preparing for pending doom, or go about your daily routine as normal? They were declared illegal combatants b/c they fit the definition. I don't see what's debatable about that. You may not like the def. Fine. Ummm, what every int'l law was totally flouted? My gov't has been rather successful in keeping this from my version of Internet. Since when does the US have to consult an international attorney in time of war? (hint: "time of war")
Wow, what a mature response! Good job you're so open minded to other peoples opinions!
when your "opinions" are laughable, unfounded, & otherwise defenseless, i have no apologies. Sorry.

(damn! i promised myself i wouldn't apologize!)
Oh and have a look at this: Link The US is paying for most of the carnage! Great!
mitfah.org, "Your Key to Palestine"? this article alone has the phrase "occupied territories" 9 times. They use the name Israel only when it's convenient to make this "case" against the US. but go to their maps link, where they title some maps of israel with the phrase "zionist colonies in palestine", or once again invoking "Israeli occupation". Yeah, they're on balance.

glad to see you're "open minded" about the palestinian propog....errr....plight

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i expect more from you.

the key facts - cough, cough page claims that black people are systematically removed from the voter pool. ("Florida permanently disenfranchises more than 400,000 ex-offenders" - wtf is an "ex-offender"?) Not that they have been convicted of crimes by a jury of their peers (when it goes to trial), & thusly have given up their priviledge to vote.

see the difference?

i found it difficult to read past this link, but if you feel the article has more merit, then press me & i'll have a peep.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
They didn't claim to have been buggered, which is surely what would have happened if they were in a US holding facility.
Lucky they weren't buggered? WTF? You sound worse than them.
well, if this isn't the most inconveniently damning evidence that you read what you want, i don't know what is.

go to bed.
Well, given that that your government lied about WMD, lied about the budget, lies about the environment and regularly bends peoples words to suit it's own ends, I'd be erring on the side of not believing them right away, no questions asked, don't you think?
i thought you liked clinton? i'm really confused as to your position du leur
And I don't think the gov exactly has your interests in mind, I think it's more their own asses they're watching out for.
on the topic of nat'l security, it's as good as it gets. I"ll concede they are nothing more than politicians (read: damn liars) on all other non-mortal issues (If we're dead, we can't [re]elect them)
Stinkle, you whole post seems to stench of an attitude that the US is right, no matter what it does, who it rolls over in the process, and how it does it. Well I'm here to tell you it's f*cking not right. What goes around comes around, and if you keep treating the rest of the world like crap, like you're above any laws, then people are gonna hate you. Is that that hard to understand?
this little spit-for-distance is only in the context of nat'l security, which has been long couched in terms of us v them, and as such, i know which team i'm on.

as far as treating the rest of the world like crap, please explain to me why billions of our dollars are flowing to europe, egypt, turkey, etc. And don't make a dumass statement like sen [sic] kennedy: "we bribed 'em!"

still waiting for the "international laws" that we broke.

having said that, don't let it be missed that i appreciate your desire to take a stand on these (obviously) divisive issues. Knowledge is power & all that crap.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not when the UN is toothless, all bluster no action, & too scared to follow through on their resolutions
Democracy when it suits you eh? Brilliant!

but, these "more people" do not have our interest in mind
That's all you have in mind isn't it? The American interest, nothing else. What about the rest of the world? It seems increasingly apparant that you don't give a :monkey: about anyone else. Why should we give a crap about you? That is so playground. Why don't you grow up and realise that unless the world can exist in peace then everyone is in a world of crap? It's pretty simple really!

what can i say? they had fake IDs? Didn't realize we had a combat policy of age discrimination in a warzone. Do you think that al-queda has a min age standard for jihad? If so, how much older than able to steady a rifle & pull, or walk w/ a backpack fullo semtex?
Again, THEY WERE NOT TERRORISTS! The US locked them up for 2 years because of where they were at the time. That's what I have a problem with.

there's no such thing as wartime diplomacy.
Actually there is. It starts with the Geneva convention.

They were declared illegal combatants b/c they fit the definition.
That's because the US made it up there and then! Again, that's the problem!

Ummm, what every int'l law was totally flouted? My gov't has been rather successful in keeping this from my version of Internet.
OK,
here,
here,
here andhere for starters! There's plenty more where that came from. Try Googling for it. I expect your government has been sucessful in keeping the truth from you.

mitfah.org, "Your Key to Palestine"? this article alone has the phrase "occupied territories" 9 times. They use the name Israel only when it's convenient to make this "case" against the US. but go to their maps link, where they title some maps of israel with the phrase "zionist colonies in palestine", or once again invoking "Israeli occupation". Yeah, they're on balance.
So? Does that make it out and out wrong? These people happen to have a different point of veiw to you and me. It doesn't mean we should discount what they're saying out of hand because of it! Actually the whole area was Palestine before the end of WWII at which point the US and UN decided to call bunch of it Isreal under pressure from the Jewish lobby.

Once again, all I'm trying to get across to you is that the US is not always right, not always just and is often hypocritical in its actions. Especially since GW got in. Is that that hard to accept for you?