Quantcast

Why CrossFit sucks...

bikejames

Chimp
Oct 13, 2006
My first tele-seminar was a big success and riders from all over the world were able to get in on some great training info and advice, some of which I had never discussed before.

If you are interested in learning stuff like why CrossFit sucks for mountain bike training, why getting stronger is the key to increasing your potential as a rider, how nutrition needs to be approached and what 3 supplements you MUST be taking in order to max out your training results (plus much more) then you can check out the replay here:

http://www.instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=112800

You can even download the free bonus I gave away which includes a 2 day per week bodyweight only routine, perfect for those with limited equipment or to use when traveling.

Hope everyone enjoys it and learns something new, let me know what you think. BTW, I want to hold more tele-seminars in the future and am curious to know what everyone would be interested in hearing about. If you want to give me a suggestion for future ones please do so....

bikejames

Chimp
Oct 13, 2006
beer, weed, and thai hookers?
Although I know that you are probably joking, the reason American DH riders get their a$$ handed to them every year on the World Cup Circuit rears it's ugly head. Training plays a big part in being a good athlete and as such should be taken seriously. While fun and games has a place, I hope that I can get a bit better discussion going with this thread...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Although I know that you are probably joking

really? whatever gave you that idea? :clue: :biggrin:

Although I know that you are probably joking, the reason American DH riders get their a$$ handed to them every year on the World Cup Circuit rears it's ugly head. Training plays a big part in being a good athlete and as such should be taken seriously. While fun and games has a place, I hope that I can get a bit better discussion going with this thread...

But seriously, this is just about common knowledge here, I don't know what there is really to discuss. Training = better performance. Most racers just don't have the time to train as extensively as the upper echelon of pros. IINM, its also easier to make a living as a racer in Euro (and elsewhere) than it is in the states. Most people that race in the states only do so as a side thing, its not their primary source of income (if they're lucky enough get get any income at all from racing, most racers here are content to just get their parts covered via sponsorships).

Also, their is a obvious lack of World Cup caliber racing in the states, so everyone here who wants to be competitive at that level has to race overseas, which comes at additional cost (time asides from finances). Not to mention the overall lack of big name sponsors putting up money for a cash purse at races. Oh and lack of general interest by the non-racing population.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Crossfit is designed around promoting overall fitness not specific to anyone sport.

It isn't surprising that a program designed to make someone a stronger rider outperforms Crossfit in that regard.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Crossfit is designed around promoting overall fitness not specific to anyone sport.

It isn't surprising that a program designed to make someone a stronger rider outperforms Crossfit in that regard.
I don't do Crossfit. But, this guy is right ^. Crossfit is good stuff. Just not DH racer specific.

ss805

Chimp
Apr 29, 2007
Lompton
Aahhhh...another CrossFit follower!

I've been doing it for the last two and a half years and it's amazing! People look at the workouts and laugh at first, but when they are halfway through and puking their insides out, they aren't laughing anymore!

CrossFit...mess you up!

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
'probably' joking? no, he was dead serious. thai hookers use a lot of fresh vegetables, and soy-based products, and thus form a healthy foundation for all athletic endeavors.

:pirate2: