Quantcast

Why do Shorts keep getting longer???

on the getting caught part, i have actually had less problems catching my saddle with my baggy shells than straight lycra. seat keeps catching the chamois when i have just shorts on, but the baggies with the high crotch actually allow me to slide back and forth a lot better and nothing gets out of place. not what you would think, but definetly how it works for me

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
count me in as another fan of nuthuggers, with other non-bike baggies thrown over them. baggy enough to be, uh, baggy, but not binding on the knees, and not so baggy in the ass that they catch on the seat when off the back.

i only have one pair of true "bike baggies" with the pad sewn into the liner; hate 'em. much prefer the lycra under other baggies. the pad doesn't move around then.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If you don't wear bibs, you deserve to have your shorts pulled down and attached to the back of your saddle :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
If you don't wear bibs, you deserve to have your shorts pulled down and attached to the back of your saddle :D
Those of us without monstrous guts don't need suspenders to keep our knickers up.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
LordOpie said:

and how are bibs *under* the baggies going to stop the baggies from getting snagged........ ;) ? as i said, with the other baggies over tights, it's not an issue at this point.

meh. for road, i'll stick with bibs, off road, i like them far less.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
scrublover said:
meh. for road, i'll stick with bibs, off road, i like them far less.
why less on dirt? Please elaborate.

I've been on pavement almost exclusively more than a year now. I know, it's sad. If I'm up by Hall Ranch, I'm more likely to ride Lefthand Canyon. I'll just bring both bikes and ride both :D

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
LordOpie said:
why less on dirt? Please elaborate.

I've been on pavement almost exclusively more than a year now. I know, it's sad. If I'm up by Hall Ranch, I'm more likely to ride Lefthand Canyon. I'll just bring both bikes and ride both :D
'cause i move around on the bike far more when offroad, and have found non-bibs to be more comfy.

that whole personal preference thing again, ya know?

that and i have a bladder the size of that of a small field mouse, and drink tons of water. i have to stop and pee alot. bibs suck for that.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
MudGrrl said:
I am all for the long shorts...based on the fact that I am 6 ft tall.

It's a bummer to go into the girls' section, and find out that all the shorts are pink and are about 6" long. :mumble:

I like a bit of protection on my legs.

So, I often wear guys baggy shorts.

-the Amazon
I can't believe no one picked this up yet! Your 6 feet tall?? Wow. See, I'm rather short, so those tiny 6 inch shorts you mention are actually a nice mid thigh short on me! I remember the first time I saw Marla in person, she's about 6 feet tall as well. You much have very large bikes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DH Diva said:
I can't believe no one picked this up yet! Your 6 feet tall?? Wow. See, I'm rather short, so those tiny 6 inch shorts you mention are actually a nice mid thigh short on me! I remember the first time I saw Marla in person, she's about 6 feet tall as well. You much have very large bikes.
Yet?

03-13-2005, 09:35 PM

:think:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
SkaredShtles said:
Yet?

03-13-2005, 09:35 PM

:think:
Okay that is the wierdest thing......I think my computer is on crack! When I logged on to RM this was listed as a new thread in the lounge......WTF? Like it was showing as the most recent thread on the Forums home page.......I think my computer is stuck in a time warp.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Why are shorts so damn short? That is the real question. I can't even wear them. I suffer through the 105-degree weather in capris. You would think girls would rather look classy than skeezy... :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
gnurider1080 said:
i could've sworn that i saw him rocking the shants at mt. snow.

Don't sugar coat it. The shants are just a variation of the manpris and are really coolats. (sp?)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Westy said:
Don't sugar coat it. The shants are just a variation of the manpris and are really coolats. (sp?)
Euro's seem secure enough in their manhood to rock the shants/manpris

I wouldn't.

I think it is coulats.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I rode in some Fox epic shorts today, and even though they are very long (about 2" longer then mid-rangers) they were very comfortable and didn't get in the way.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
stevew said:
Euro's seem secure enough in their manhood to rock the shants/manpris

WHY? I mean REALLY! WHY? If they're that long, just wear long pants. We use to call pants like that FLOODS!

"The rain's are gone and the lands are dry, so why do you where your pant's so high?" Anyone remember that one?

Just throw some white sox on that guy and a white glove and tell him to grab his crotch and moonwalk!!