Quantcast

why do you ride fr or dh?

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
downhill cuz its fast as fvck, i like the opportunity to die when im MOST expecting it and LEAST wanting it

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I ride because it's what I have loved to do since I was 7. It just so happens that FR is what I've done since I learned to ride - whether it was riding my gandmother's 3 speed down a 3' 70 degree pile of dirt when I was 9 - or jumping my crappy Huffy off of the retaining wall at the elementary school when I was 11 - or riding my AC1 on the skinnies we built @ my friends' land last week. I've always just loved screwing around on my bike (what is now known as freeriding) :)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Because i haven't found anything more fun.

I got into riding 2 years ago after my buddy mike who dirt biked talked me into getting a mountain bike to ride trails. I was immediately interested in fr and dh because of the "extremeness" coming away from 5 years of skateboarding and some bmx. Found some local riders rode some street with them found out about everything got a full squish and that was it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
This is really weird, I was gonna ask this question on here too. I've been thinking a lot lately about how I get really hurt, and I have friends who get really hurt, and the people on here i've heard of getting really hurt. Yesterday, when I head dived about ~10-12ft to flat, The thought of not riding crossed my mind. It was only there for a few minutes though, because I know that I could NEVER give this up.

I ride to get away. When I am in the mountains, all the bullcrap of the city is gone. When I am in the city, and I ride some street or somthing, all of the crap from school and personal stuff is gone.

Riding is my life, it is my drug, it is my passion. More than just a sport, its a lifestyle.

dma528

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
Central Coast
As with most for that feeling that you get just after you finish a clean line or land that nasty drop that you have been studding for days. I came form a XC backgound and just love the feeling that being on a bike gives you.

BIKES ARE A WAY OF LIFE<!!!!!>

Nuf said.

Peace
AD

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
To be honest, not sure. Scares the hell out of me. In fact, goes directly against every fear I have. Heights (really my only fear)...I suppose for me, no matter how slow it comes

PROGRESSION is my answer. The ability, in every ride, I progress that tiny amount that cause a rush of some kind

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
For me other than it being the most fun I've ever had doing anything its definitely a way to get away and to just kinda 'zone out' of all the crap going on in the world and just have as much fun as possible and get a ton of adrenalin. Also, like others have said going against all your fears it definitely helps me build more confidence in myself as well as help myself work on committment issues. :p

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
like many here..the MAIN reason I ride is because it's FUN.

Also since I'm no "natural" and wasn't born with the Sanjay gene, I have to work that much harder in order to progress – there is always room for improvement.

I also like to try out new stuff and it’s hard to beat the adrenaline rush!!

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Because I'm an adrenaline junkie, and it makes all of the bull s#!t of everyday life disapear .Oh and the only thing even remotely close to being as much fun is sex!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Because of that rush you feel pinning it wide open on singletrack

Because of the elation and relief of cleaning a gnarly rock strewn section.

Because of the utter freedom the machine grants me to take me down the path of my choice.

Bikes are the essance of living in the moment, something no one should do without.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
stoney98 said:
Cause it's what I'm good at... It's just something I've done so long, that not doing it seems funny. Even though I don't even have a bike, when I get ansy, I have the urge to go ride street. It's just part of me.
you should recluse yourself from this thread since you said you were retired now... :p ;)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
For when I am pinning it on a straight with two rocks before a long sweeping corner. Using the first rock to boost over the second one, and then pushing in the corner hard enough for both tires to drift.
And right then, that feeling that you are filled with, before you know if you are going to ride out of it or not. Yeah, that feeling is why I ride.