Quantcast

why is it always right-wingers who are secretly depraved?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lefties are just more open about their depravities. I used to be secretive about my unicorn complex. Now that I have been outed as a Liberal I feel I can share it with others.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, I think it's all about repression. Most of them are repressed homosexuals of course. And by most I mean easily 76.5%.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ooh ooh, not true.

Remember the democratic governor that was gay that got outed? Crap, I can't remember, somewhere back east, new jersey, maryland or ohio or something?

He got busted by people who found out about him cheating on his wife with some of the fellas.

Given, being gay isn't depraved and cheeting on your wife unfortunately isn't uncommon but for once, it was a democrat with the "secret life".

But yeah other than that, the bizillions of wierdo's are loud mouthed republican moralists.

Bill Bennett: virtue/gambling

Scoots: fvcking deer corpes and keeping caged girls bear raped

Bill O'reilly: some interesting crack whore fantasies in "Those Who Tresspass" plus the whole loofah phone sex thing with the female subordinate

Dick Morris: outed as loving toe-sucking hookers

Rush limbaugh: sucking down narcotics while saying all drug abusers should be locked up forever.

Oh man.......there's so many more

Cheney's wife: a republican vice president who dies from a heart attack in her novel (no sh1t, I'll try to find that one again)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/04/AR2005050402472.html?sub=new
(read the second story, not the first)

I remember some creepy stuff in Newt gingrich's book too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
kidwoo said:
Dick Morris: outed as loving toe-sucking hookers
Was a democrat.

Actually, I don't think depravity is a Republican secret only. Anyone can be a sicko...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Westy said:
Lefties are just more open about their depravities. I used to be secretive about my unicorn complex. Now that I have been outed as a Liberal I feel I can share it with others.
I'm glad that you were willing to share that with us. We'll return to Confessions of the Heart with Stewart Smiley after a short break...

Here's what I think is wrong with the Right. They, as do the people that vote for them, see themselves as the moral police of American society. The common belief is that moral police can't have any problems, which of course is not true because everyone has problems. Because of that, the Right tends to hide their issues until they become real problems (i.e. rape, incest, homosexuality, drug addiction, etc...) instead of getting the help that they need.

When they are willing to get the help that they need to fix their moral problems, that is the point where they become not a moral authority, but moral equals. While there are moral laws in the Constitution, they do (should) not come from any given moral authority, but from the commonalities of the entire nation.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
narlus said:
seems like "scooter" liked to fantasize about certain things like rape, pedophilia, and bestiality...so much so that he wrote a book including them.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/13125272.htm
And if a politician you or I liked wrote this book, N8 would have posted this; we'd have a thread in which we polemicized about free speech and differentiating between art, life, and literature...

MD

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
MikeD said:
And if a politician you or I liked wrote this book, N8 would have posted this; we'd have a thread in which we polemicized about free speech and differentiating between art, life, and literature...

MD
Clearly we should imprison all novelists, just in case eh?

You're right - we should judge politicians on their acts as politicians, not their literary achievements.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
MMike said:
And burn whatever they've written....
Books I'd like to see burned:

Ulysses - James Joyce
V & Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pynchon
Good as Gold & Closing Time - Joseph Heller
Darwins Children - Greg Bear
Anything by:
Barbara Cartland, Jackie Collins, Arthur Hailer, Wilbur Smith...

Oh the list could be endless.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sanjuro said:
Was a democrat.

Actually, I don't think depravity is a Republican secret only. Anyone can be a sicko...
Yeah but who's he hittin' for now?

I persnonally don't think he's got one bit of conviction either way, he's an opportunist but as it stands right now, he's most certainly on the republican side. Ever watch Fox news?

It's not that there's anything stricly republican about depravity, it's that the republicans like the pretend they're above it all and can dictate moral standards..........and then get caught later putting it in a chicken while dressed up like liza minelli. That's the entertainment value.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MikeD said:

MD
but would this putative politician wrap himself as tightly w/ the self-righteous mantle of moral superiority?

:think:

maybe.

politicians suck, but the neo-cons are definitely the worst of the depraved bunch.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kidwoo said:
It's not that there's anything stricly republican about depravity, it's that the republicans like the pretend they're above it all and can dictate moral standards..........and then get caught later putting it in a chicken while dressed up like liza minelli. That's the entertainment value.

hammer, meet nail.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
kidwoo said:
Yeah but who's he hittin' for now?

I persnonally don't think he's got one bit of conviction either way, he's an opportunist but as it stands right now, he's most certainly on the republican side. Ever watch Fox news?

Please you must be kidding. Who said "I did not have sex with that woman." They all pretend they are above it until they get caught. That is a behavior that is completely independent of party.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
DRB said:
Please you must be kidding. Who said "I did not have sex with that woman." .
That would be the democratic president who got a blow job and cheated on his wife hereby destroying his credibilty in all the useful things he accomplished in his job.

DRB said:
They all pretend they are above it until they get caught. That is a behavior that is completely independent of party.
Very true. But you have to admit the seesaw tips a little to the right when it comes to discovering dark secrets in contradiction to stated causes/platforms.

Read my very first post and the very first statement in it.

Ooh ooh, not true.

Remember the democratic governor that was gay that got outed? Crap, I can't remember, somewhere back east, new jersey, maryland or ohio or something?

He got busted by people who found out about him cheating on his wife with some of the fellas.

Given, being gay isn't depraved and cheeting on your wife unfortunately isn't uncommon but for once, it was a democrat with the "secret life".
There, feel better?

And also, my very same statement that even you quoted

It's not that there's anything stricly republican about depravity, it's that the republicans like the pretend they're above it all and can dictate moral standards..........

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
DRB said:
Please you must be kidding. Who said "I did not have sex with that woman."
He said he didn't have sex with her. He didn't make the claim that all men who cheat on their wives are sub-human and going to burn in the fiery pits of hell as godless heathens.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ohio said:
He said he didn't have sex with her. He didn't make the claim that all men who cheat on their wives are sub-human and going to burn in the fiery pits of hell as godless heathens.
Are you scared of the ones that do that? You shouldn't be because those aren't the ones that get elected.

As for Clinton he trotted out family values from the day he announced (see the following quotes) thru out until he got caught.

I want to thank especially Hillary and Chelsea for taking this big step in our life's journey together. Hillary, for being my wife, my friend, and my partner in our efforts to build a better future for the children and families of Arkansas and America.
For the Soviet Empire never lost to us on the field of battle. Their system rotted from the inside out, from economic, political and spiritual failure.
Solid, middle-class values of work, Will, family, individual responsibility, and community
I was raised to believe In the American dream, in family values, in individual responsibility