Quantcast

why is the easton monkey lite dh 'high rise'??

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
What the heck are you talking about "high rise"? Those things are tiny man!

Now, I like a man's bar, with 12" to 16" of rise so when I huck off of my local parking garages I can slam those f*ckers into my chest and leave a man-size bruise.

"OHH...I like my bars low so I can lower my center of gravity..."

Man...shut up, DH bikes weren't made for turning. I go straight baby, straight and big!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I wouldn't mind some 2.5" rise, 27" wide Monkey Lite's for my rigid bike. Bars that tall would be sooooo plush.

Stupid low bars are cool and all, but there's a lot of stupid tall people who need the high rises to properly fit on their bikes. Plus tall bars are great on XC bikes that already are pretty low. I have quite a few friends who would never want a low or flat bar. Options are good. It would be nice to see an ultra wide flat bar, although it would be pretty hard to sell at the LBS.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i get what you mean, but i am annoyed because easton used to sell it in a few sizes, now all they have is a one size fit all. which just wont do.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
That's right baby, and we whooped you good...Spirit O' '76!!!
I think he's throwin smack. DHkid's from across the pond and RoseNamedPoop's talkin about the war for independence. Sure the United States gained their independence, but there's no need to rub it in... hell, that was 231 years ago. :brow:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
DHkid's from across the pond and RoseNamedPoop's talkin about the war for independence.
i am across the pond right now but home is a much further place for me.

anyways, i checked the easton web site and it only shows high rise.

the vegetarians can have a some salad drown in a fatty salad dressing of your choice.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
i get what you mean, but i am annoyed because easton used to sell it in a few sizes, now all they have is a one size fit all. which just wont do.
i agree, i felt the same way when i realized this. not sure what easton is thinking.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
carbon bars are better, not because they are lighter but because they lessen the vibration transferred to your hands.

and those other carbon bars look ok but 31.8...:plthumbsdown:

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
carbon bars are better, not because they are lighter but because they lessen the vibration transferred to your hands.

and those other carbon bars look ok but 31.8...:plthumbsdown:
Syncros has a flat bar out, 28", carbon, 31.8, and has back and upsweep that matches that of their riser bar. They feel nice.. i may have to get one in the near future.

RaID

Turbo Monkey

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i am using the old monkey lite xc bars right now. they are really strong and i only weight about 120lbs, easton makes their bars about 2x stronger then most other brands alu bars.

i would have gone with the new monkeylite xc but its only 660mm wide.