Quantcast

Why is the vehicle type referenced in this headline???

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's because it's an SUV... an evil SUV... damn things have a mind all their own... they are the pitbulls of the auto motoring world...

:rolleyes:

Woman Charged With Running Down Boys Who Hit SUV With Golf Ball
Associated Press | December 6, 2004

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A woman ran over two teenage brothers after they accidentally hit her sport utility vehicle with the golf ball they were bouncing in a parking lot, officials said, leaving one of the boys with life-threatening injuries.

Isiah Grayer, 14, and his 16-year-old twin stepbrothers, Justin and Jamel Marshman, were bouncing the golf ball in a shopping center parking lot Sunday afternoon when it went astray and struck a sport utility vehicle driven by Kathy Feaganes Allen, 47, St. Johns County sheriff's Deputy Greg Suchy said.

Suchy said no damage was done, and the boys apologized and began to walk away. Allen started to drive away, but suddenly made a U-turn, ran over a median and struck Grayer, causing severe injuries, and Justin Marshman before knocking over a light pole, Suchy said.

She then drove after Jamel Marshman, crossing two medians and striking a utility box before her SUV stopped in a ditch, Suchy said. The boy ran away and was not struck.

Witness Russell McPhee said Allen accelerated to hit the boys.

"She charged them," he said. "This was the most deliberate act."

McPhee said he yelled at Allen to stay where she was when she got out of her car.

"After she ran them down, she got out of the car and lit a cigarette like a movie star," he said. "She watched all three of (the boys) just lying there."

Allen then used Terry Gerspch's cell phone to call her husband. Gerspch said Allen seemed unfazed.

"She was as calm as anything," she said. "She said the boys were throwing rocks at her car."

McPhee said Jamel, the uninjured brother, ran over to Allen's car and confronted her.

"He didn't get physical with her," he said. "He just kept asking 'Why? Why did you do this?"'

A judge ordered Allen held without bail Monday on three counts of attempted murder. She is being represented by the St. Johns County Public Defender's Office, which did not immediately return a call Monday seeking comment.

Grayer was in critical condition Monday at Shands Hospital in Jacksonville. Justin Marshman was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Flagler Hospital.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Anyone else smell a "temporary insanity" plea? :rolleyes:

I don't know what happened your Honor. It msut be from the abusive boyfriend I had in Highschool.....or the lack of respect youth show us these days.... I must have been "temporarily insane." I am much better now....I haven't done anything like this before and I am certainly not prone to this....please let me go. :rolleyes:

Oh and I promis to get a less evil car in the future....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Ridemonkey said:
Death penalty. She ran over kids AND drives an SUV for cripes sake.
Can't happen....if Gary Ridgeway the Green River Killer avoided the death penalty....she aint going to get much.

Oops that was semi :D and semi :mad: about Ridgeway more than anything else.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
Death penalty. She ran over kids AND drives an SUV for cripes sake.
Plus she smokes, thus achieving the Trifeca of Death.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I saw kids throwing golf balls off an overpass yesterday. One bounced about 10 feet in front of my truck. Saw a car get hit in my mirror.

Bastards. At least they weren't throwing turkeys.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
I saw kids throwing golf balls off an overpass yesterday. One bounced about 10 feet in front of my truck. Saw a car get hit in my mirror.

Bastards. At least they weren't throwing turkeys.

I would be temped to view dropping golf balls from an overpass onto traffic attempted murder and running the bastards down is 100% justified.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i'll kill her!
i have some pent up rage tht i need to take out on someone and a bisnatch who runs over kids would be just perfect!.
kai-

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
N8 said:
I would be temped to view dropping golf balls from an overpass onto traffic attempted murder and running the bastards down is 100% justified.
Thats because youre a tool. Actually very few things piss me off more than vandalism, because it's a completely senseless destructive act with no profit for the perpetrator. If someone steals something, at least theres a reason for doing it, immoral and selfish as it may be. Someone who destroys or damages someone elses property just for the hell of it stands to profit nothing, it just pure malice. That said, they dont deserve to be run over, just severly beat down.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TheInedibleHulk said:
Thats because youre a tool. Actually very few things piss me off more than vandalism, because it's a completely senseless destructive act with no profit for the perpetrator. If someone steals something, at least theres a reason for doing it, immoral and selfish as it may be. Someone who destroys or damages someone elses property just for the hell of it stands to profit nothing, it just pure malice. That said, they dont deserve to be run over, just severly beat down.

Welcome to Toolville... population 2.

:p

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
It says SUV because key to the story is that she plowed over three medians and knocked over a light pole in the process. Couldn't have accomplished that in a civic...

Ability to cross medians so that you may attempt murder is just one more reason you too should own an off-road vehicle.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
HippieKai said:
i'll kill her!
i have some pent up rage tht i need to take out on someone and a bisnatch who runs over kids would be just perfect!.
kai-
or you could just get laid or peel the labels off some beer bottles or something. lots of aggression for a hippie ya know.

:D

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Perhaps the vehicle type is mentioned becuase she ran two kids down with it? If she'd shot them it'd be less relevant but then I'd hope that they'd mention she had a gun...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Skookum said:
i'm sure those kids have played GTA, they should have known of the possible repurcussions.... :p
Not only that, but they should have known that they simply had to pull their rocket launcher out to remove the offending vehicle... and then if they avoided the police for two or three minutes, the whole issue would have been forgotten!

See what wonderful things GTA teaches us??

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Dunno why they said SUV in the title. Sounds like the mother of all spoiled bi+ches. I hope they lock her away for a long time and she only gets out on parole when she's about 90 and has to work, for the rest of her life, at McDonalds with a bunch of teenagers who every day throw rocks at her POS car.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Because it's Florida. They should take the right to vote away from that state. Nothing but idiots, hurricanes, retirees, swamps and alligators.

golgiaparatus said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/07/boys.hit.ap/index.html...

"Allen told the court she has mental problems. A judge ordered her held without bail Monday on three counts of attempted murder"

BTW what is this thread doing in the political forum? WTF does it have to do with politics?

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
A couple things about the news business: it is quick and space is limited.

SUV grabs the eye, and you get the idea, and its 3 letters. You don't need to know if it was an Escalade, Explorer, Suburban.

I hope the poor kid recovers. I hope the driver recovers... after about 40 years of being locked up.