Quantcast

Why isn't this man greeted with protests everywhere he goes?

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
"Mr. Hu looked at first confused and then hesitated before continuing to speak.

"You're okay," Mr. Bush said to him in a low voice, prodding him on."

ha ha ha ha that's kinda funny.
Hu didn't know how to react to a protest.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
MudGrrl said:
"Mr. Hu looked at first confused and then hesitated before continuing to speak.

"You're okay," Mr. Bush said to him in a low voice, prodding him on."

ha ha ha ha that's kinda funny.
Hu didn't know how to react to a protest.
I'm surprised Bush did with the way they keep hecklers out of his speeches.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Blue said:
Why isn't this man greeted with protests everywhere he goes?
He's not as bad as Bush. Bush locks up people without trial AND invades sovereign nations with no justification. I'd cheer Hu before I cheered Bush.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They are not going to charge this woman with a new federal crime for "willful disruption of a federal employee" or some such nonsense.

Go go USA! Now you can no longer protest a communist dictator who violates about every human rights law on the books and then has the balls to visit a democratic country without being arrested and charged with a federal crime.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Changleen said:
I like China.
Well in that case we'll give 'em carte blanche to trample human rights. Just so long as you're happy.

They probably have vacancies for people with your skills, just be careful with any tax returns.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Changleen said:
invades sovereign nations
Yeah...**** Tibet...and probably someday, Taiwan.

:nopity:

You know, I detest our administration and the way the US has been going for the past 50-150 years, but that doesn't mean there aren't worse governments out there. :rolleyes:

L

luelling

Who cares honestly? China has human rights violations but do you honestly think writing your congressman is going to to do anygood? Not when you have companies like Wal-Mart(former #1 most profitable in the US, giving way to Exxon recently....go figure) that are pumping huge amounts of dollars over there and spending millions in lobbying here. Our senators can't see beyond their checks (They're too damn big). I don't care much for China and like I've stated before we are building the next super power through our idiotic actions. The problem is that anytime someone who is honest and trying to change the system runs for any position of power in this country they are toren down to nothing and ultimetely the people with the backing of these corporations wins. Think about that the next time you vote.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
luelling said:
Who cares honestly? China has human rights violations but do you honestly think writing your congressman is going to to do anygood? Not when you have companies like Wal-Mart(former #1 most profitable in the US, giving way to Exxon recently....go figure) that are pumping huge amounts of dollars over there and spending millions in lobbying here. Our senators can't see beyond their checks (They're too damn big). I don't care much for China and like I've stated before we are building the next super power through our idiotic actions. The problem is that anytime someone who is honest and trying to change the system runs for any position of power in this country they are toren down to nothing and ultimetely the people with the backing of these corporations wins. Think about that the next time you vote.
Might I say "duh"? Just pointing out an irony...Someone far more evil that these "axis of Evil" people being welcomed with open arms and a blowjob into the US.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
blue said:
Might I say "duh"? Just pointing out an irony...Someone far more evil that these "axis of Evil" people being welcomed with open arms and a blowjob into the US.
Er, I really think you're pretty off target with that one...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BurlyShirley said:
Illegal wiretapping in China? No. More like legal spinal stapping.
No it's not illegal wire tapping in china.... they LEGALY wiretap....
Different laws in china, so they don't break their own laws like your lot. :clue:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
China has a massivly longer history than the US and a far bigger population. They may come down hashly on some things, but in a way that is a function of the size of the country. When you have to keep that many people in check in a sustainable way, you need strong laws. People in China know the score, they know where the line is probably a lot better than most Americans do of their own lines. That's why China has a lower per capita prison population.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Changleen said:
China has a massivly longer history than the US and a far bigger population. They may come down hashly on some things, but in a way that is a function of the size of the country. When you have to keep that many people in check in a sustainable way, you need strong laws. People in China know the score, they know where the line is probably a lot better than most Americans do of their own lines. That's why China has a lower per capita prison population.
Plus the fact that they kill more of their criminals...

Sorry, but it sounds you're justifiying a totalitarian regime on the basis of China's size. You whinge about infringement of civil liberties in the US and then come up with this? It wouldn't surprise me to hear that you're marrying Saddam Hussein in a prison ceremony, with the Iranian president as the bridesmaid.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
fluff said:
Plus the fact that they kill more of their criminals...

Sorry, but it sounds you're justifiying a totalitarian regime on the basis of China's size. You whinge about infringement of civil liberties in the US and then come up with this? It wouldn't surprise me to hear that you're marrying Saddam Hussein in a prison ceremony, with the Iranian president as the bridesmaid.
No worse than the usual drivel put forth by many Yanks about other countrys abuse of human rights, whilst blantently doing the same (or worse) themselves. :nopity: