Quantcast

Why my lawn is a jungle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some of us are in a financial situation where we are more likely to become a gardener than to hire one.

Echo, how much to mow your lawn;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Or if anyone asks, tell them "That's not my lawn, that's my field"

-S.S.-
Tell them you're growing it for hay to sell. I got all entrepenurial one summer when my family was gone (a few years ago), and quit mowing the 2 acre lawn. Got a local guy to come in and cut it and bail it for free, if I gave him half the hay. Sold the other half.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
SkaredShtles said:
<taps on calculator>

Holy ****e, man. That's a nice (well, sorta nice) new (well, almost new) bike frame per year! I better get out and mow my yard......... <sigh>

-S.S.-
It all depends on how valuable your time is to you.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Buy a sheep, install metal cage around mouth, adjust cage for desire lenght of grass, move sheep anchor point every two days, go ride!

Voilà!

:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
I enjoy my time alone. Which is why I mow my 5 acres. Simple pleasures.

Dude, I'm right with ya!

I rent my apt. on a farm and I volunteer to mow my own lawn with a push mower. It takes me about 45min-1hr but man a push mower makes it look so nice.

I used to work on a farm full time and I would weed wack and mow all day. Best job ever... the weed wacking kind of sucked sometimes though....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mrbigisbudgood said:
I enjoy my time alone. Which is why I mow my 5 acres. Simple pleasures.
I used to enjoy the 4+ hours it took to mow my lawn, but I stop liking it in the summer time when you need to do it every single weekend.

Now I live in an apartment with a lawn that the landlord takes care of, and I find myself missing the mowing, shoveling snow, and everything else that goes along with living in a rural area...

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Echo said:
Because whenever it's nice enough to mow, it's nice enough to ride :nope:
Ours gets to that point for the very same reason!!! I had to force myself last night to at least do the front yard so we wouldn't look like the white trash neighbors on the block any longer. :p It's actually something I don't mind doing....I worked on my brothers lawn crew for a few summers and enjoyed it...it's just that riding is so much more fun :)

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
You have grass in your lawn? My back yard is all weeds...

This year is the first in quite a few that I am mowing my own yard again. :( My lawn-guy quit and the replacement guy costs more. Before it was $20/cut which worked out to about $60-$80 per month. Not bad. But the new guy cuts every week. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new mower.

Plus, it was just silly that I cut my g/f's yard (1/2 acre but she has a riding mower) and I paid somebody to cut my own yard...

Unfortunately, my back yard still looks like a jungle due to piles of debris from a tree I cut down a few weeks ago. Need to get the shredder back from my mother...

Then there are the weeds in the flower beds... :help:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
I kick mine out after the ride home in the evening...good cross training dont ya know... :D And its out a the way for the weekend......

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
My neighbor two houses away bought a riding mower, and my next door neighbor and he loooove to use it. I came home yesterday ready to mow, and lo and behold, the half toward his house was done, and he did half of the other half!

Ahh, the joys of having compulsive neighbors :)

Because of all the rain, things are green
and lush around here. Looks like England, but the people aren't as polite.
When I mow, rather than going back & forth, back & forth, I go around & around, following the contour of the yard. It looks more interesting.
Why, it's raining right now. :(

matts73240

Chimp
Apr 11, 2003
la canada, ca
the fake stuff-you never have to mow, water, fertilize,weed, dont have to worry about pet urine burns. looks green all year . just dont tell your neighbors that its not real.

would that be cheating? some sports stadiums have this stuff, why not install it on our yards?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
BigMike said:
My neighbor two houses away bought a riding mower, and my next door neighbor and he loooove to use it. I came home yesterday ready to mow, and lo and behold, the half toward his house was done, and he did half of the other half!

Ahh, the joys of having compulsive neighbors :)

you dont mow another man's lawn.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I got some chinamen to cut my grass, 17 buck a week. Like 19 of them show up and it's a frenzy for 10 minutes and they're gone and you never knew they were there. Now my neighbors don't have to watch me mow my lawn in a rage and throw the thing into the woods when I hit roots and rocks in the back. There is nothing more boring than cutting grass. Not my problem anymore. PHUCK GRASS :d

Knuckle