Quantcast

Why not just split Iraq into multiple states for the different factions.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Do you think it would solve anything, or just cause more fighting?
You mean like Israe, Jordan, and Palestine? ;)

Joking aside, they should, BUT who gets what land?

There's nothing wrong with segregation or more to the point, people segregating themselves voluntarily.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
It would definately have to be decided my all the leaders involved as to who gets what and where. But it could be a way to get out of there quicker for the US.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
there simply is only one way to do it. Have the parties involved divide the country up into 100s of pieces they feel are "equal" to each other, then have a draft party.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by ALEXIS_DH
lol. do i hear a donkey talking about big ears???????:p
Huh? Are you calling me a democrat!
Seriously though, yeah we are a young country and gung-ho, no doubt.

Really Im talking about the immaturity of their political state, theyd rather argue and squabble like little kids.

"Oh yeah! Well I declare Jihad on you"... "Uh-uh, I declared jihad on you first"... "Fine, well, I declare DOUBLE jihad on you"... "Oh yeah well my Kalashnikov tells me otherwise" ... "Oh, I see how it is, my wire guided missle is bigger than your Kalashnikov" ... "Yeah, well, check out the C4 that I have strapped to my chest... ahh whatsup NOW!" ... and so on and so fourth.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
If you give the Kurds their own state Turkey WILL start a land war. They hate 'em bad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Zark
If you give the Kurds their own state Turkey WILL start a land war. They hate 'em bad.
Not to mention that everyone wants the land where the oil is.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Heh!

We could call it, The United States of Iraq:p That'd make everyone in the middle east happy.

Archslater

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
Indianapolis
I'm sure it wouldn't bother you if you were told that you country was now split into three countries, and your portion is now 300 miles from where you live and grew up. And you have until June 30th to up and move there.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by Archslater
I'm sure it wouldn't bother you if you were told that you country was now split into three countries, and your portion is now 300 miles from where you live and grew up. And you have until June 30th to up and move there.
Not 3 countries but just states within Iraq. I don't know if it would force people to move or anything though.