Quantcast

Why Say?

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Puppy has an exciting bout of diarrhea, so that is fun. Rolling the dice to see what his crate looks like when wife gets home at lunch.

Sharing an office with a coworker who is in tears the last couple days, that is fun as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still enjoying the "unlimited PTO" policy at our company. Since I started in 2016 I've been averaging ~7 weeks/yr of holiday time. Perhaps now that I've been around awhile I should be shooting for 8 weeks. :homer:
Welcome to the club. 8 weeks last year.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
not sure how much was logged as vacation vs professional and academic time, but in typical years I work about 200 days per year

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Still enjoying the "unlimited PTO" policy at our company. Since I started in 2016 I've been averaging ~7 weeks/yr of holiday time. Perhaps now that I've been around awhile I should be shooting for 8 weeks. :homer:
My company just implemented unlimited PTO on January 1. I'm going for 3 weeks of documented PTO this first year, I just hit a year at this company as a FTE so I don't wanna push too much. Also, we're busy as all get out so I'll just have to play it as it comes. And 3 weeks is a week more than I had available last year, so it's an upgrade. I'll try and ramp up over time as I am able.

Of course, I tend to get a lot of time off undocumented as well... half days here and there skiing or riding, errands, etc.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ok. I put in for July 14, Aug 11/25, Sept 1/8/15/22. Other weeks not good on the section calendar or I'm already on vacation :D
So give us a heads up before each of those weeks. I know I'm away the first couple of those in September.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My company just implemented unlimited PTO on January 1. I'm going for 3 weeks of documented PTO this first year, I just hit a year at this company as a FTE so I don't wanna push too much. Also, we're busy as all get out so I'll just have to play it as it comes. And 3 weeks is a week more than I had available last year, so it's an upgrade. I'll try and ramp up over time as I am able.

Of course, I tend to get a lot of time off undocumented as well... half days here and there skiing or riding, errands, etc.
Oh, man... if I counted undocumented time... not sure I worked at ALL last year. :homer:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh hey, my AutoZone order shipped today, currently awaiting pickup. So Rock Auto delivers today, Advanced Auto comes Friday and AutoZone is still TBD but will be on its way today in theory.

In order of order placed:
1. AutoZone
2. Advanced Auto
3. Rock Auto

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Espresso situation unacceptable this AM.

Same beans, same grind, same process as yesterday, couldn't get a damn shot pulled. 90 seconds and only a few dribbles came out, shit was like hersey's syrup. So while I didn't get me correct wake-up juice this AM, at least I have a project for this evening. Why can't I just be happy with K cups, life would be so much easier.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You working people are weird.
:panic:

i never bother to log my time out of office unless it's an entire week or more, etc. for example this friday is a fuckit friday, won't be submitted. i just take days when i want to/can/don't have meetings or deadlines. my attitude has always been, if you don't like it or feel i'm not doing a good job, you can tell me about it. otherwise, i'ma do as i please.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got my capstone score back. I was expecting some corrections being necessary, but maybe just outside of passing. Nope. 100%.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
forgot the 5.10s were drying out in the garage from creek crossings. had to shred in the mountain oxfords. :D
once at a race weekend at plattekill i completely forgot extra socks. literally the only socks i had the entire weekend were the work socks I was wearing as I had left straight from my office after work on friday.

this..... this definitely beats that.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
once at a race weekend at plattekill i completely forgot extra socks. literally the only socks i had the entire weekend were the work socks I was wearing as I had left straight from my office after work on friday.

this..... this definitely beats that.
i always keep my shoes in my car (except today obviously); a while back i forgot shorts for an after work ride and i shredded in khakis. :D

Last edited: