Quantcast

Why VW Why did I...?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I lie. The 2.7TT is fun...once you blow $8k on it.
[late to the party here]

I'm currently at 81k on my 2.7TT which means I'm staring down the barrel of replacing both turbos, a clutch and timing belt. It will probably take me 2 months to do the work but when the car's done she should be pushing 450 on pump gas. :clapping:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
but without thanking him for screwing over on a Dodge with a horrible reliability, and an even worse resale value,
uh...I think my brothers 98 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel will be around long after your tooling for penis chariot has expired.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
uh...I think my brothers 98 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel will be around long after your tooling for penis chariot has expired.
:rofl::rofl:

perhaps your quest for ween has 'clouded' your insight...

I'd say your statement on the longevity of your brother's dodge will is 95% wrong. The engine will be running long after the rest of the heap as fallen totally apart.

:)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
[late to the party here]

I'm currently at 81k on my 2.7TT which means I'm staring down the barrel of replacing both turbos, a clutch and timing belt. It will probably take me 2 months to do the work but when the car's done she should be pushing 450 on pump gas. :clapping:
Pffft, only K04s? Step up! Dual GT2871RS turbines!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Pffft, only K04s? Step up! Dual GT2871RS turbines!

As much as I'd love to, replacing rods, etc is a little beyond my grasp. Plus I'm hoping the K04s will provide some sort of reliability that my K03s are missing. We'll see...maybe I'll do the new single turbo conversion. :busted:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
filled up my tdi golf tonight got 45 mph running wide open.

wifes 167k

daughters 210k

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Got a neat Vdub today. It was a 1987 Jetta Diesel. As it drove in, I suddenly got hungry. The customer converted it to run on used veggie oil from his chinese restaurant. I had to give him props. It was a really good setup. Wish I took pictures while I was changing the brake master.

So I must recount my earlier statements to make an exception about Diesel powerplants.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Got a neat Vdub today. It was a 1987 Jetta Diesel. As it drove in, I suddenly got hungry. The customer converted it to run on used veggie oil from his chinese restaurant. I had to give him props. It was a really good setup. Wish I took pictures while I was changing the brake master.

So I must recount my earlier statements to make an exception about Diesel powerplants.
My '96 TDI Passat was a trooper! Only problem was it wasn't a wagon (and she wasn't exactly a tiger in the HP deparment). She was passed on to a fella who wanted to do a veggie conversion or biodiesel so she will be loved and taken care of.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california

EcoDiesel or Turbo Diesel? The Ecos were cool... a whopping 45hp...incredible gas mileage if you keep your foot out of it. :D