Quantcast

why we don't need new terrorism laws

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by patconnole
So we've been talking about the need to give up some privacy to increase security ,and get the bad guys who want to kill us.... and how the bill of rights doesn't give us the right to "not be annoyed".......

Here's just an idea to consider: We had the power and laws already in place to find terrorists, etc---- we don't need any new ones.

read me. http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=103

Here's an idea....

3,000 people died on Sept. 11 because those laws didnt stop anything.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Here's another idea:

"FBI and military intelligence officials in Washington say they were prevented for political reasons from carrying out full investigations into members of the Bin Laden family in the US before the terrorist attacks of September 11."

I'm not saying they would have prevented the sept 11 attacks, but calling current laws inneffective seems like a short-sighted answer, if the above is true.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mr. Clinton was offered Bin Laden long before Elmer Fudd came to power. He was preoccupied with a rotund intern sampling his cigar.

steve

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by stevew
Mr. Clinton was offered Bin Laden long before Elmer Fudd came to power.

Exactly--- a lack of effective laws isn't the only possible cause of 9/11. (and therefore a huge increase in security laws isn't the only possible solution)

Originally posted by stevew
He was preoccupied with a rotund intern sampling his cigar.

steve

Yep-- And most everyone else was preoccupied with his preoccupation.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by Damn True
By design........

I was only preoccupied with everyone else's preoccupation with clinton's preccupation--- I wasn't preoccupied with his preoccupation. preocca.... occa, occapation. eh.