Quantcast

wicked cool

juaking

Chimp
Apr 9, 2006
hi, i am new in this forum, sorry if i posted in a wrong section..
i wanna know if somebody knows the user WICKED COOL... he sold to me a bike..
a big hit ,3 weeks ago, and it didn´t arrive yet.. (new jersey).
he doesnt answer the mails..and i dont know what can i do...

please help guys...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
dude...thats exactly why you dont buy bikes from people online. If its not on ebay (no coverage) then dont buy anything worth more then 100-200 bucks.

If you dont get your bike, I'm REALLY sorry. It sucks to learn lessons the hard way.

If you do get it and its just lost in the mail right now (since their large packages) then you got really lucky.

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
dude...thats exactly why you dont buy bikes from people online. If its not on ebay (no coverage) then dont buy anything worth more then 100-200 bucks.

If you dont get your bike, I'm REALLY sorry. It sucks to learn lessons the hard way.

If you do get it and its just lost in the mail right now (since their large packages) then you got really lucky.
Way to ruin the hopes in a decent comity for all of us. Why not offer this guy some help instead of desperation in a system that, overall, works quite well.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
from my experience paypal WILL help and in a big way. they are pretty cool in that aspect. they really care about their rules/regs and their reputation of being fairly safe.

i have a fraudulent charge in my name through their system before and they got everything taken care of very quickly (think in hours not days)

juaking

Chimp
Apr 9, 2006
i payed with paypal, how can paypal help me guys? o dont know nothing about that.

please help... i really wanna die :(

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005

wrong, ive had nothing but good deals from ridemonkey, you just need to buy from credible people who have a reputaion as being good sellers

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
wrong, ive had nothing but good deals from ridemonkey, you just need to buy from credible people who have a reputaion as being good sellers
Well Im not discrediting ridemonkey or the users by any means, being a seller myself and buying things from users I know most people are good and will follow thru with the sale. I'm simply saying that unfortunatly not all the sellers out their will follow thru with sales, and as a result, for most cases its best to not purchase bikes on any classifieds when not in person. (Because of their high value, and pay out...which can be a scammers dream).

juaking

Chimp
Apr 9, 2006
guys, i talked with paypal and they are going to do an investigation...
So, i sent a mail to JOHN CONN telling that, and he answered!!:

my mail:

don´t be stupid john, why you don´t answer my mails? i wanna my money back, or my BIKE. i´m talking with paypal and they are helping me alot... i know where you live, how old are you ( 18 years)..everything. I´m going to call your parents if you don´t answer this mail.

and he answer veeery quicly this:

yo man, but i promise it was sent, it took a while because the shop i work
in is awful, and they ****ed up and never shipped it. so i had to take it to
the ups store myself, it should be to you by the end of the week

i HOPE that it is true...

what do you think guys?

thanks for read.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Email him and get the tracking number. If he doesn't respond, proceed with the paypal complaint. If he does, track the bike. Also, inspect the bike thoroughly while the UPS guy is there. Do NOT sign if it is unacceptable.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
It sounds as if Wicked Cool is definitely not wicked cool. Maybe he should go by "Complete A$$hole" instead.
assuming its the same wicked cool, i sold him my DHR a few weeks back. i'm pretty positive he didn't scam you or beat you for your money. according to the conversations i had with him he sold his bike...which must have been this big hit.

ill send him a link of this thread on a forum he visits more often, im sure everything can be straightened out.

juaking

Chimp
Apr 9, 2006
assuming its the same wicked cool, i sold him my DHR a few weeks back. i'm pretty positive he didn't scam you or beat you for your money. according to the conversations i had with him he sold his bike...which must have been this big hit.

ill send him a link of this thread on a forum he visits more often, im sure everything can be straightened out

that is the idea....
for now, i am waitting the tracking number.

thanks.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Chill out man, I bought a fork a few years ago from a guy who used to post alot here, it was sent USPS priority mail w/o a tracking number. The darn fork took about a month to arrive, USPS gave me a bunch of BS when I requested to have the shipping charges refunded saying that priority mail is not guaranteed delivery and the express mail always takes priority, apparently it had been waiting in a warehouse in wisconsin for a month while the baskets full of express mail passed it by. In the end it all worked out, the guy was not trying to cheat me, in fact I got a super deal even with the slow shipping and when it appeared that the fork had been lost he offered to refund the money.

I'd be a little leary of buying from someone who isn't a regular or who can't provide a positive connection to an ebay account with a good rating, other than that the classifieds are pretty good here compared to most sites that are riddled with scams and stolen property.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Chill out man, I bought a fork a few years ago from a guy who used to post alot here, it was sent USPS priority mail w/o a tracking number.
In defense of the OP, the seller claimed to have sent it via UPS.

Does UPS have a ship option without a tracking number?

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
I can assure you Wicked Cool isnt scamming you...the bike may be late but I know him personally and he isnt that kind of guy. Ive sold him many things in the past and see him at races all the time. Your bike will arrive, dont worry dude.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
seriously now.

i hope you get your bike and this was all just a shipping or communications snafu.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Chill out man, I bought a fork a few years ago from a guy who used to post alot here, it was sent USPS priority mail w/o a tracking number. The darn fork took about a month to arrive
Great to hear you got your fork, but that's hardly the point.

"he sold to me a bike..
a big hit ,3 weeks ago, and it didn´t arrive yet.. (new jersey).
he doesnt answer the mails..and i dont know what can i do..."

That's the part that get's me. Didn't answer his email until he's threatened. Shady supreme. I'd have zabasearched the guy and flown out for a little batting practice on his kneecaps.

juaking

Chimp
Apr 9, 2006

ill send him a link of this thread on a forum he visits more often, im sure everything can be straightened out.
hi redbull, can you give me the link of the forum that he visit more often?, because we are on friday and he didn´t answer my mail about the tracking number.

thanks man.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
I've bought at least 50 items, many several hundred or more on forums, and I have never been screwed. You just gotta know who you are dealing with. I've probably saved a couple thousand over the years by buying online.

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
hey man have you gotten the bike yet? the ups store told me you would have it by friday. i'm sorry bout the confusion man, but like i already told you over email there was a mix up at my shop with the bike nad they never sent it, so i had to take it myself and send it through the ups store, it took my longer hten it shoulda to get it shipped because i'm insainly busy right now. (high school graduation, state tourny for lax, work, moving). you should have the bike right now if it shipped with ups on scheduale let me know man.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
hey man have you gotten the bike yet? the ups store told me you would have it by friday. i'm sorry bout the confusion man, but like i already told you over email there was a mix up at my shop with the bike nad they never sent it, so i had to take it myself and send it through the ups store, it took my longer hten it shoulda to get it shipped because i'm insainly busy right now. (high school graduation, state tourny for lax, work, moving). you should have the bike right now if it shipped with ups on scheduale let me know man.
At this point, you NEED to PM the tracking number to him.

Anything less suggests that you still have not shipped the bike.

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
I have always found that I can tell within one or two emails whether or not the seller/buyer is a loser. You ask a few questions. If the answers are vague, hurried, incomplete or if the buyer is extremely slow to reply, don't deal with him.

I have never been ripped off and I have bought/sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of bike stuff online. The best buyers and sellers are always prompt, they will answer your questions, and they will stay in contact with you. If it sounds like some dumbass on the other end, stay away. Simple as that.

I hope you get your bike. Sounds like a good ride.

JMH

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
ride monkey should be able to track wicked cools IP adress, and then you match it to his paypal acount or something, let the pwnage begin