Quantcast

Wide, Lo-Rise/Flat, DH Bars

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Lets list 'em.

Sunline V1, 19mm or 38mm Rise, 711mm or 745mm Width

are there any others that have a similar rise and width as the Sunlines? I'm not crazy about the grey color, would much rather have black.

ecsnsmb

Chimp
Jun 10, 2008
NJ
Diety Dirty 30 is a great bar too. Just get the V1, its a fantastic bar, I would buy another in a heartbeat. Still light, but suppper durable and really helps get your body in the right position.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I have a V1 and DM stem from Sunline already on order, just exploring other options.

Race Face Diabolus DH: 0.5"(~13mm) or 1.5" Rise and 28" (711mm) Wide

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Talked to Sunline yesterday. Told me their V1 19mm rise 745mm won't be in stock again until April 27th!:disgust1: Now from what I see all over the internet, this is becoming one of the most popular bars in the Downhill racing/riding community, yet at the most peak time right before Downhill season, they are out. Wouldn't you think they'd kick up production, they only make a limited amount of products anyways... just my opinion.

To the original post, Truvativ BooBar(31.8mm clamp with 740mm or 780mm length) might be another option.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Kore Torsion comes in a flat, 20, 35, and 50 degree rise with a 5 degree up sweep and a 9 degree back sweep.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Can I get a "hell yes" for the Deity bars
You can get an AMEN! For real though, those bars are sick. I have a pair, and I hear they have a lifetime warranty. Although I am going to start trying shorter ones, cause with wide ones it is harder to whip out and table top for style points. Sounds like I need telescoping handlebars.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Talked to Sunline yesterday. Told me their V1 19mm rise 745mm won't be in stock again until April 27th!:disgust1: Now from what I see all over the internet, this is becoming one of the most popular bars in the Downhill racing/riding community, yet at the most peak time right before Downhill season, they are out. Wouldn't you think they'd kick up production, they only make a limited amount of products anyways... just my opinion.

To the original post, Truvativ BooBar(31.8mm clamp with 740mm or 780mm length) might be another option.
Jenson USA and multiple other online retailers have the V1's you're looking for in stock.....

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Spank makes some wide ones too I hear.

Yeah the way that 661/Sunline stocks products is pretty pathetic from what I've seen. It hasn't just been this time either - they historically are out of stock on hotter items for LONG periods of time.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Atomlab Pimplite
250g claimed weight for 750mm 1'' rise bars

Element Technic Nickel Wide Flat Bar
280g claimed weight for 760mm flat bars

Reverse XXL DH Race "fli-bar" FLAT
279g claimed weight for 760mm flat bars

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
This thread has turned out wonderfully. :) Very good guys, thanks.

If it REALLY comes down to it, I'll have the sunline bars/stem reanodized to match the blackness of my build.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Not sure if it will fit Jutny's needs, but sunline is coming out with some "different" colors this year. They actually look pretty cool.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Not sure if it will fit Jutny's needs, but sunline is coming out with some "different" colors this year. They actually look pretty cool.
I've seen those, a little extreme for my tastes.

I'm being really ghey and trying to build my new rig to look as well as she rides... Black 09 Jedi with full saint and gold accents. Its cool though, the grey sunline bar/stem may actually pop pretty well with the grey and red scheme of the Elka shock.

Yeh, i know. I have too much time/money on my hands.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I've seen those, a little extreme for my tastes.

I'm being really ghey and trying to build my new rig to look as well as she rides... Black 09 Jedi with full saint and gold accents. Its cool though, the grey sunline bar/stem may actually pop pretty well with the grey and red scheme of the Elka shock.

Yeh, i know. I have too much time/money on my hands.
Could be worse! Let us know how it turns out.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
hmm, might pick up some 800mm kore torsions, looks to be about £40 shipped after taxc, damn good!!, will probably end up cuting em down to about 780/775

gratiflying

Chimp
Apr 12, 2007
i've got the chromag flat 28s on AM bike and they are a bit under 28 but apparently are no longer available... only the riser OS/OSX from chromag now. in addition to Kore, there is the also the Element Technic flat 760mm bar... available in gunmetal and black for the dude who is looking to colour match...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I wonder if the element and reverse bars I posted on the last page are actualy the same. 1g claimed weight differance, flat, same length and very similar looks. I know that reverse uses catalog stuff, don't know about element.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
I just put this on my bike after moving my 711 V1 to my trail bike.

760mm and weighing in at 304gms which is 16gms heavier than the ano version.

I couldnt quite bring myself to go the purple ano. :nerd:

Nov 4, 2007
Bay Area
Truvativ Boobar: 740 or 760mm width; .8 or 1.2" rise. Think the sweep is 7x5

Burgtec Ridewide: 750mm; 20 or 40mm rise. 9x4. They are no longer scandium and weight is up to claimed 320g, which i think is a good thing. Price is a bit high though....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Anyone know where to get the Element or Reverse bar in the US from a distributor [aka not CRC]?

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Massive necro-bump.... but I haven't been able to find the info I'm looking for.

What are the options for 0 rise, decent width bars these days?

So far I've found the Race Face Atlas and Renthal Fat Bar Lites. They're going on a DH/enduro bike (dropped forks already, current bars are 15mm so going to flat bars would help a bit). On that front the Race Face's would be ok (I assume), but I'm a little iffy about the the Renthals. Anyone have any experience on either, or even better, know of any other truly 0 rise bars?

Cheers!

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
My wife uses the RF ones, 10mm rise or whatever they are. She isn't the heaviest and doesn't crash that much but they have been fine for her and it helps keep the bars at a reasonable height (she's only 5'3")

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Well, my friend has some rf garbage carbon bars.
Clearcoat flaking off... looks like shit.
I dont trust RF carbon after seeing 3 sixC crank arms broken.

Renthal carbon bars are rather uncomfortable....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
There are a lot of drop direct mount stems out there. I'll send you one if you're desperate. Back in the day everybody wanted to get low, now we're back to 2" rise.

I have RF atlas flat bars on my trail bike and kore torsion 20mm rise on my DH. Either of those should suffice if you can find them.