Quantcast

Wilkesboro Conditions ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I rode Warrior Creek for the first time today.

It was muddy, but not too bad considering they got a total of 16" of rain and parts of the trail were under water from the lake rising.

The folks who built it really know what they are doing. The trail system flows with the topography better than any place I've ever ridden in the past 19 years. There are a ton of tight bermed switchbacks that rival that of any DH or slalom course.

If you ever get the chance to ride either Warrior Creek or Over Mountain Victory do it, you'll be glad you did. If you can ride these trails and not enjoy it, then mountain biking might not be for you.

http://www.bmcc.us/index.htm

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
I rode Warrior Creek for the first time today.

It was muddy, but not too bad considering they got a total of 16" of rain and parts of the trail were under water from the lake rising.

The folks who built it really know what they are doing. The trail system flows with the topography better than any place I've ever ridden in the past 19 years. There are a ton of tight bermed switchbacks that rival that of any DH or slalom course.

If you ever get the chance to ride either Warrior Creek or Over Mountain Victory do it, you'll be glad you did. If you can ride these trails and not enjoy it, then mountain biking might not be for you.

http://www.bmcc.us/index.htm
thanks for all the kudos! there we're some guys heading out today to start cutting trees...we had a lot fall in the past week or so. also for anyone else coming to ride be careful on the bridges. i haven't seen it yet but heard one ramp got a good jolt from the flooding and another was actually lifted up and moved.:crazy:

glad you had a good time and definitely come back when its dry...the speed is awesome especially on warrior creek. i've been able to hit 31.5 mph through one section!:banana:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
thanks for all the kudos! there we're some guys heading out today to start cutting trees...we had a lot fall in the past week or so. also for anyone else coming to ride be careful on the bridges. i haven't seen it yet but heard one ramp got a good jolt from the flooding and another was actually lifted up and moved.:crazy:
Yeah, there were plenty of downed trees and a bridge was moved off to the side. I didn't really mind though.

glad you had a good time and definitely come back when its dry...the speed is awesome especially on warrior creek. i've been able to hit 31.5 mph through one section!:banana:
The berms after the rock garden would be way too much fun dry. I saw the first berm when I was already on the rocks. It was like I had just seen boobies for the first time.:biggrin: