Quantcast

Will I hate this?

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Hey guys, right now i am riding an 08 Glory with 07 Boxxer WC fox 5.0 rear shock. I haven't touched the shock once I found my favorite adjustment. The fork feels pretty good, I keep rebuilding it all the time. I wanna get a new bike tho.
I work at a shop and can get a pretty good deal on the Trek Session 8 bike.. (not 88 cuz its like 1g more). Will I hate the fox 4.0? The fork on the Session 8 is also a Boxxer Race... im not to fond of that idea, I would wanna upgrade it to a team. Would I really hate the rear shock? Also whats in the race thats not in the team? thanks guys.

Not to derail but where is everyone finding the build specs, colors, etc. for these new Sessions?
I don't know where the others are getting their info, but I work in a Trek concept store and Trek just had "Trek World", which is when all the 2010 bikes are rolled out.

DHjunkie - I don't think you will like the DHX 4.0 and boxxer race considering what your used too.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
unless you're dissatisfied with the glory, why not keep it? it's been a solid frame for a few years. jury is still out on whether the session is any good/durable from what I understand.

The boxxer race is a pretty significant downgrade and who knows if you'll be able to get the dhx where you want it.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
the only adjustmet you loose with the DHX 4 over the DHX 5 is the bottom out, otherwise they are the same shock. Surely he can, find a suitable setting with the remainder of adjustements, if not there is always a Push service.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
the only adjustmet you loose with the DHX 4 over the DHX 5 is the bottom out, otherwise they are the same shock. Surely he can, find a suitable setting with the remainder of adjustements, if not there is always a Push service.
Yeah, the damper is the same design, it's not like the 4.0 is vastly inferior.

That said, the Glory is a nice bike. Why change?

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
basically i wanna change so i can still sell my glory while i can actually get some money for it. If i wait another year i wont be able to sell it for as much which allows me to get a new one.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I agree with Sammich. I have heard just enough bad things about the Session to make me wanna stay away from it for another year until it is proven. Not saying it is a bad frame but I would rather give it more time before making a commitment to one. If you really have to punt your current frame, maybe just sell it and buy a new Glory frame. Swap your current parts over so you don't down grade anything.