Quantcast

Wilson Saturday

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ciaran, can you go? Would meeting at jpl at around 11am be okay, so I don't have to leave so early?

Does anyone else want to go?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
TJ licks balls and is a frikkin n00b cause his PM box is full. He should come ride this weekend.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My parents are wierd: they can never make a straight set descion for a date to do something, making it very hard for me to plan things.

Will 11 work? They are still deciding, so it could be earlier.

Also, CIaran, have you guys figured out a calendar for ambp rides and stuff?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
11 is fine so far. Lovebunny and maybe ncrider are thinking of coming up friday night. No response from them yet though...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Looks like tomorrow at 10:30 mtnbrider and I are hittin Wilson. It's late enough that you all can sleep in, have coffee, and wake N bake before you hit the trail :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mtnbrider said:
I will be there at 10:15-30 now. Will it be hot or fair?
Should be really nice. I would wear shorts and a shirt with a spare shirt for after. I will be on my hard tail... bring water.... 10:15 - 10:30 is fine.

If for some reason you can't make it (parents, etc...) call me and let me know so I don't wait for you. My cell is 626-437-4670, which I'll have on me.

Should be a great ride. With all the recent rain the trails should be nice and sticky.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So mtnbrider and I rode Wilson today, which was a blast. We were on the one of the last trails when I had a flat. So we move over to the side of the trail and start to fix it. In a minute or two a couple of other riders come by. We had seen them earlier so they stopped to say hello and make sure we didn't need any help.

We were fine and just about done so they started to leave. The first guy walks his bike past us and the second guy slowly rides past us. As he gets next to me he stops to say something when he stepped back a bit to far and the edge of the cliff gives way! The dude starts falling backwards. I reached out to grab him but he was too far gone. He tumbled over and over down a rock face about 40 feet before landing on dirt and bushes where he slid another 10 feet or so finally being stopped by a tree.

:eek:

I swear I thought the dude was dead. Turns out that he hit his head pretty good (He did have a helmet on! :thumb: ) and cut up his knees and possibly dislocated his shoulder. mtnbrider and the other rider put their helmets back on and climbed down to rescue. (I stayed up top to pull them and the bike up the last part) They got him and his bike back up to the trail safely and without anyone else getting hurt.

What a day!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I was putting a tool away, when I saw dirt under his foot collapse.....oohhh ______... He was in the air for 40'- "I'm ok". Its good he didn't have a dh bike. That would have sucked to drag up that.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Man, I don't go out there for a bit and the place starts falling apart!!
Glad he's okay. Last time I was there a guy slid out and fell 20 feet to flat. I looked down from above and swore his legs were broken. He got up and *slowly* rode the rest of the way.

Mike, some Wilson runs will be in order soon, I'll have my new build done this week and i'm already itching to use it :drool:
I've been working like a freaking dog (6 days a week, 6pm to 5am). I roll right into another show soon but it will be day shift and 5 days/week, leaving weekends for some Wilson love.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I need to ride up there again. That place is perfect for a hardtail. Its cool how between the rock section, its smooth giving it flow.

Perhaps

Chimp
Jul 10, 2005
Hollywood, CA
I wanna go too... is anyone going anytime soon? I have a car so I won't be much help as far as shutteling is concerned. I haven't been riding in way too long.