Quantcast

Wilson Tomorrow? (25)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Info and map to parking lot here ---> http://www.punkduck.com/shuttle

9:30 or 9 good for everyone?

Carne Asada? Beer? Donations! (I don't mind organizing them, but the carne gets a bit pricy)

Oh yeah, since it's a Saturday please watch out for hikers. Be nice when you encounter them and if you have one, please ride with a bell.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Hey Mike, how do you wanna shuttle? I have a friend with a WRX wagon and I have the 3 seater tacoma... one of my freinds can bring his mom, she has a sequioa (sp) that seats 6 and a rack for 6 bikes, but I don't wanna bug her if we don't have to.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
downhillzeypher said:
Hey Mike, how do you wanna shuttle? I have a friend with a WRX wagon and I have the 3 seater tacoma... one of my freinds can bring his mom, she has a sequioa (sp) that seats 6 and a rack for 6 bikes, but I don't wanna bug her if we don't have to.
I may have the solution - Nissan Fronteir Crew cab... seats 5 and can handle 5 bikes.

Still not 100% - I'll let you guys know later tongiht.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Hum, how far is it from south OC? I might be up for it! I will be bringing the van since my car is out of service right now! How long of a ride, how many times do we do it?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
merrrrjig said:
Hum, how far is it from south OC? I might be up for it! I will be bringing the van since my car is out of service right now! How long of a ride, how many times do we do it?
We could meet in OC and drive up together, that is if you got the room.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
It should be like 40 min or less for you. Prolly more like 35. Ride is LONGG! I went for the first time and I was like yeah we should do like 2 or 3 runs at least.

I was dead after one lol.

In that case we should have enough people with cars/trucks to be taken care of. Anyway we have it, even if we have to split the bikes/people we're covered so I'll tell my friend (mtndrew) to tell his mom we're okay.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Ok that would be sick! But I dunno if I wanna go, cuz I made plans to go dirt jumping and I dont realy wanna blow them off! Even though im just driving! And I will only go if we meet at like 930 at wilson! What do you guys think I should do?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
I just got a PM from Slugman who said that he's down to shuttle with his truck. Between your truck, your friends wagon and my car we'll be fine. If Slugman shows we'll do even better. leave the mom at home. She'll just make me feel old cause she'll proabably be close to my age. :eek:

I am really hoping that everyone who was coming to Baldy will come to Wilson... brian (all of you), schweino, sanjay.. you guys listening? Get yer butts out here and let's ride!

Edit: The ride is over 10 miles long. We usualy take a break about halfway at the hotel ruins and play on the stairs and such. Everyone always says that want to do two runs... no one ever does.

It takes a few hours to do it. I went and rode it wed evening with one other dude. We pinned it almost all the way down and were done in like an hour and a half. And we rode fast. I gotta say, the rocks are fun when it's dark and you can't see them.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Looks like im showing, I can fit 5 ppl and a million bikes! Do you want me to bring my bike rack? W/ the bike rack I can fit like 8 bikes! Looks like I will be there at 9:30! NCrider call me at 949-874-9848! My name is Wes!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I can haul 5 people and gear but no bikes. All we need is one car at the bottom to take people back up tp get their cars/trucks. And one bike babysitter.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
about 35-ish. Not quite sure. Around that.

Yes there are 2 10 minute uphills. They are pretty flat, I do them on my bighit no prob.
Yeah, two short uphills. No biggie. I push, some folks ride. Shoot, even TJ pushed it without too much complaining. :p

I can get from my place in Pasadena to my Dads plce in Yorba Linda in about 30 - 45 minutes, depending on traffic.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Slugman said:
Almost forgot... how armored should I be?
Helmet, leg armor. I use a helmet leg and arm armor but no body armor. I usually wear the skate lid but since it died I'll be in the FF tomorrow. It depends on how often you plan to crash. :D

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
merrrrjig said:
Ok that would be sick! But I dunno if I wanna go, cuz I made plans to go dirt jumping and I dont realy wanna blow them off! Even though im just driving! And I will only go if we meet at like 930 at wilson! What do you guys think I should do?
hey wes what ever happend to u not wanting to blow uss off on taking us dj-ing?

O Sh*t

Chimp
Jun 17, 2005
Hey there monkey', would love join u guys but 9:30 is pretty late for that run. Get's hot up there and hikers are pretty gay at that time. Are you guys going to leave at 9:00-9:30 or just meet up at that time? If you guys are leaving at 9:00-9:15 then I would like to go. Let me know and if not have a safe ride and for the riders that haven't rode the trail yur going to have a blast!!! Make sure to bring plenty of water.....O Sh*T

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
DANG IT!!! I went for a 40 minute hike this evening, with my 15month old son strapped to my back, to get some dirt tools at a local DJ spot and then get home to see the Baldy stuff is off. Oh well, it was good to get my boy out there and show him whats to come in the next few years :)
See everyone tomorrow.

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
i can haul 9 people and nine bikes... we did it at the last skyline. Wes, im calling you in the morning so we can meet up. im gonna follow you up. Dave i need ur number so we can meet up too.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
All my buddies bailed... but I'll still be there!

Got a crew cab truck with plenty of room if anyone wants a ride.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
the ride was a blast, but it took like 5 hours to get home. :nopity:
It was fun meeting all you guys and thanks for the pic it looks good.