Quantcast

Wilson tomorrow? 6/16

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
anybody heading out to wilsons tomorrow? i'm thinking of taking noah to do some shuttle runs on headley's. i've only been once before and i think i can find the trailhead to headley's but it'd be nice if there was someone there who knew the place better than me. i might be bringing the rest of the family so i should have the shuttle thing down.

also, does anyone know how to get to the wilsons creek park that has the waterfall/natural slide/pool/eddie area? i went there with a local last time but there's no way i could find my way back.

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
MAn I wish I could make it, I love that place. About 6-10 of us are going up the weekend of July 10th. We are staying in BLowing Rock and will be hitting Canyons up also.

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
i have an exam tomorrow, otherwise i'd come up and play trail guide. i might try to make it there wednesday

beware of canyons, it's a little rutted out in a few spots

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
we're definitely staying away from canyons...we'll only be riding headleys....that is, if someone can join us to shuttle. the wife just "remembered" that she invited some friends over tomorrow so my "wife shuttle" idea is kaput.

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
I think you're talking about lower creek falls. It's off of 181 after the headleys trail head on the right ( same side of the road as headleys) if you're going towards Linville. There are two trail heads, upper and lower creek falls. Lower creek has the water slide. Would love to make it out there but I have class and then work. Come by Daniel Boone Inn if you get a chance, after 4.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
yo tubby, I know it's kinda late but I'm down to hit some shuttle runs with you and the grom if you still wana come up. Just call me, muellstar or mike (my #'s 704-724-4939). I get out of class at 12:20 and I'm good to shred after that.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
thanks trill...that was a blast! nothing like noah finishing his final run on his first real DH trail in a monsoon! he had me planning return trips on the way home :thumb: i are one proud dad!

Trill and Noah cruising down a fun section

noah flowing headleys...in the mud

Last edited:

brokeONE

Monkey
Feb 2, 2002
asheville,NC
Nice vids. He's really ripping it up. I took my son on his first shuttle run last Friday at Trace Ridge and he got his first good over the bars wreck.

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Sweet vids...

I took Connor up there when he was 11. We did the Usual Suspects (Raspberry, Greentown, and Raiders) and some other stuff on several occasions. But the boy do not like to climb. I hope he tries it again soon now that he's 13 and over 5'8" tall and actually has some muscle mass in his body...But hard to convince him to bust out XC miles versus DJ or Park. So...well...I'm hittin' up Wilson's on Thursday sans the boy-child which is awesome and sad...yet all at the same time. But there is a silver lining in this cloud...he did express some desire to go. But I require him to do some local XC before we do it. Soon I will drag him up there so that he realizes those climbs aren't a big deal for him anymore... :D

Anyway, keep up the good work Tubby. I really enjoy checking on the progress of Noah!! I'm pretty sure everybody else does too...