Quantcast

Wilson's Creek, who knows it?

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Since I've decided I'll be at Appalachian State next year I figure I'm gonna need to get aquainted with that area of Pisgah so I have something to ride next year. I'll explore it when I'm up there for sure, but I wouldn't mind doing a few rides before then so I know the area a little better. Anybody on here know the area well enough to show me around one weekend? I'll bring the cam and take some shots.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
I went to school there like, 50 million years ago. The only shop in town had a new Rockhopper. That was it for mountain bikes back then.

Dudes, you're stoked -- I'm remembering that there's an endless amount of sicktor **** to ride on and near campus

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've been invited to urban sessions at App numerous times and never made it up there. I've heard it's an awesome mtb place convenient to mucho riding spots...

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Ive ridden there once before with ed. I really couldnt tell you at all how to get around. Beeshive or whatever its called is a really fun trail though. Along with the trail thats right by it that comes off onto the same road as beeshive.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
tp a really good friend of mine currently attends app state and has done extensive exploring of the area cause well its kinda part of his major. so when your making your way up there let me know and ill see what i can do to make it up there with you and ill get dave to show us around theres supposed to be some pretty wicked dh up there besides sugar.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I can show you some of Wilson's TP but no doubt you'll be the one giving me the guided tours after a few months :thumb:

Good job on chossing App......UNC Tweetsie is the place to be, after all....it's where I went to college :nuts: ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wiggins has hit up Wilson's Creek once I've been dying to try it myself. I'm up for it if someone will let me know a week or so in advance. I'm staying in Marion for the next 4-6 weeks so I'm not too far from that area. Heck, I'd like to hit it the weekend of the
21st!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I remember when I blew up a rear wheel one year up at App State. It was a night before a race at Sugar and we were doing some urban riding. Still raced on the bad wheel. Damn, Sun Single Track Rims.

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
I was at app stae for about 10 years(thats cuz I was ridin instead of studying) urban/campus rides are great--theres tons of cool stuff ther so let me know and I would be happy to go up and ride....

dumb ass

Chimp
Oct 25, 2004
hickory, nc
motomike said:
dirt mounds...as in dirt jumps??!! how far is it from you(hickory)?
dirt mounds as in piles of dirt on the side of the road.

it takes me approximately one hour from hickory to get up there. if you want i can meet somewhere on 321 between hickory and lenoir.