Quantcast

Windham Role Call

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
im going, i live close, i think thursday, but i live close, so sleep at home, but do they have camping?

RJM

Monkey
May 18, 2005
on the rocks
i thought this was a call to all Kevin Windham fans to express their joy and exCITEment. Kevin windham is my hero. :bonk:

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Anyone have some inside info on who's there and how did the DS go?
There's a decent turnout. The Downhill track is super fun, steep, and dryyyy.

Mikey Haderer took the Dual Slalom win, with Cameron Cole in second. Eric Carter finished third with Ryan Condrashoff hucking his way into third (Literally).

Junior X DS was
Neko Mullaly
Will Collins
Parker Worthington

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I see you Southerners have gotten over the Gerritt/Worlds thing much like you've gotten over the Civil War...

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If you ever come for a visit, just remember one thing Todd. Hogs eat will anything...bones and all.
And ska todd will also eat pretty much the whole hog :cheers: The Southerners sure got that BBQ thing dialed though, I give ya that! I wonder what wild boar bacon is like?

-ska todd

csr1

Chimp
Apr 14, 2004
beergarden/bathroom/beergarden
Results
1 Kieran Bennett (NZl) Odi/Southr 2.52
2 Geritt Beytagh (USA) Morewoodbi 0.02
3 Cameron Cole (NZl) Maxxis 0.05
4 Brad Benedict (USA) X-Fusion/W 0.07
5 Ryan Condrashoff (USA) X-Fusion/S 0.09
6 Brad Oien (USA) Odi/Southr 0.10
7 Waylon Smith (GBr) 0.12
8 Chris Heath (USA) 0.13
9 Sasha Merljak (USA) Solid A Cl 0.14
10 Mike Haderer (USA) Fox Shox/Y 0.15
11 Chris Higgerson (USA) Morewood/M 0.15
12 Adam Morse (USA) Cobra Cons 0.17
13 Josh Misevcis (USA) Sobe Canno 0.17
14 Ben Furbee (USA) Wtb/Arts Cyclery/Gamut 0.19
15 Kyle Hickey (USA) Live Free 0.19
16 Ben Hulse (USA) Team Plate 0.22
17 Jon Wilson (USA) Northstar/ 0.23
18 Joey Schusler (USA) Yeti/Fox 0.25
19 Tommy Tokarczyk (USA) Jamis Bike 0.27
20 Derrick Nobman (USA) Ninety Deg 0.27
21 Jason Beckley (USA) Mmr/Marin/ 0.31
22 Jason Memmelaar (USA) Scott Diab 0.35
23 Erik Hudson (USA) Brooklyn M 0.39
24 John Hauer (USA) X-Fusion/M 0.41
25 Bj Treglia (USA) 9.8/Kenda/ 0.41

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
I didn't believe Kieran last night when he told me there were just over 20 pros, dang!

It did seem like the course was good however (he and other riders seemed pretty stoked on it).

The real story is the Snowmass MSC, check the results...USA (Socal) haha

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I didn't believe Kieran last night when he told me there were just over 20 pros, dang!

It did seem like the course was good however (he and other riders seemed pretty stoked on it).

The real story is the Snowmass MSC, check the results...USA (Socal) haha

There were 31 Semi-Pros and 28 made it to the starting line. Pretty decent turn out.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
cool, but 25 pros is not a decent turn out...for a "un-local" race

Not Bashing the race at all, just kinda surprised.
agreed. i think there were more pros in the lift lines at the local bike parks this weekend than at the race. I certainly didn't feel any desire to go and support a series that doesn't support the athletes.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Here we go again

Agree the series is the worst, but I was supporting the venue (and Josh, who worked hard to build the course)
Exactly. While USAC and Team Big Bear may not be doing their best to support us as athletes, Windham Mountain put in an INCREDIBLE effort to make sure everything went well. It's a shame there weren't more people, the venue itself and the track were top notch. Josh Misceviecs (spelling?) put together the best race track I have ever ridden on a mountain that has incredible terrain and unlimited possibilities for expansion. Too bad they used a dying National series to test the waters on their introduction to the Mountain Bike world because they probably would have had a similar outcome as a local race (but with much more profit without TBB to take their massive share.)

You missed out, Lee. Hopefully I'll see you this weekend...

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Yeah, I just got the rundown on the course from a friend of mine who raced, all I can say is I hope Windham opens for freeriding & hires Josh to build their trails or at least hosts a race next year (round of the Gravity East?) so I can have a chance to ride these courses, sounds like they were off the f*ckin' hook!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Exactly. While USAC and Team Big Bear may not be doing their best to support us as athletes, Windham Mountain put in an INCREDIBLE effort to make sure everything went well. It's a shame there weren't more people, the venue itself and the track were top notch. Josh Misceviecs (spelling?) put together the best race track I have ever ridden on a mountain that has incredible terrain and unlimited possibilities for expansion. Too bad they used a dying National series to test the waters on their introduction to the Mountain Bike world because they probably would have had a similar outcome as a local race (but with much more profit without TBB to take their massive share.)

You missed out, Lee. Hopefully I'll see you this weekend...
Mt. Snow? No thanks, I can cut my own grass for free

Glad to hear Windham was good, read on velonews that the xc guys gave their courses high marks as well; some saying it was the best one of the year. Hopefully they have an independent race next year or a series, they most certainly would attract more riders that way. If they opened for freeriding it would certainly be the nail in the coffin for Plattekill though.

Last edited: