Quantcast

Windows XP

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have this friend who has windows XP which he bought as a single license from Newegg. He already has it installed on one computer and was hoping to clean up another older computer and install it on that. Has this ever been an issue for anybody?

If anybody wants to PM me that would be fine too so I can pass it along to my friend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
shouldn't be an issue. I've done it in the past. Also, Microsoft doesn't really care about XP anymore, they've got newer fish to fry.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
shouldn't be an issue. I've done it in the past. Also, Microsoft doesn't really care about XP anymore, they've got newer fish to fry.
Ok I'll pass this information on. ;)

Thanks, I thought it would be fine but just wanted to check.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He will have to repeat activation.

If the activation fails, he can call Microsoft and tell them it's only installed on one computer, and they'll re-enable the activation.

It's pretty small peanuts for them if you install it on another computer, so re-enabling the activation like that isn't anything they question too hard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
He will have to repeat activation.

If the activation fails, he can call Microsoft and tell them it's only installed on one computer, and they'll re-enable the activation.

It's pretty small peanuts for them if you install it on another computer, so re-enabling the activation like that isn't anything they question too hard.
Thats what I figured. Tried it last night and it worked.