Quantcast

Windrock 2008: A Video

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I had planned to post this up after the Fall ride, but with the bike "in the shop" this past weekend I was able to wrap up shooting yesterday. This is a collection of footage starting back in the Spring. The quality loss on the upload is more than desired, but I guess it'll do. See ya'll this weekend.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Very cool video man! It looks great! Maybe this weekend we can get a few more shots of people in the air, just to add to it. I'll be sure to bring my camera too!

-Tryon

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
nice vid...motivates me to try harder next season to make it out there.

i have a question though: would it be safe to assume that if my bottlerocket handled nearly every trail on the western slope of snowshoe, including hairball, that it'll work ok for WR as well? (ie: how does windrock compare to snowshoe) i no longer have a dedicated DH rig so my BR has to do everything.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Last time I was at WR there was a guy that was destroying that place on a bottlerocket. It obviously won't be as plush as a DH bike but you could still have a good time. You probably want to avoid Southern Rocks though (I still have 2 more years before I'm going to ride that trail again). :D

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Sweet vid Mark.
I only made it up there this year for one 2 day trip, but I am all over that vid.:rofl:
I gotta get back up there.:disgust1:
Heal body, HEAL!!
The camera liked you that weekend. Hope ya heal up soon - there's always next month.

Maybe this weekend we can get a few more shots of people in the air, just to add to it. I'll be sure to bring my camera too!

-Tryon
Or maybe start a new one, :lighten: although I plan to mostly ride. Hope to see you guys up there.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Last time I was at WR there was a guy that was destroying that place on a bottlerocket. It obviously won't be as plush as a DH bike but you could still have a good time. You probably want to avoid Southern Rocks though (I still have 2 more years before I'm going to ride that trail again). :D
That is easily one of the most difficult trails in the Southeast.

It's been a while since I was last at the Rock. But as I recall there is almost no dirt on Southern Rocks, just rocks, boulders, square edge rocks, rounded rocks, wheelie drop boulders, and more rocks. You're more likely to find a hooker teaching sunday school than finding anything that resembles soil on that trail.

Next year...