Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Bring your forearms and body armor!
Info Here:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148030

Also...there is a MTNX Training Ride and Race in a BMX style format:
Bigfoot MTNx flier

Everyone is planning on playing around at Bigfoot on Saturday, then moving over to the Rock on Sunday. Who wants to play?
Here's Ryan and Garrett showing how to hit the new "road gap".

...and before....

The new free-ride trail Brian built...

Ben testing his new rig..

Joey rippin it...

The rebuilt 1st double...

and Josh gettin' some action.

This is Ben & DJ on Middle finger this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

profro said:
Here is a sequence of pics shot by Flow.... :cool:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Does anyone have any other Windrock pics......?

seems all the pics are of the jumps and some of the pics are of stuff we've seen for a couple years now......are there any pics of the mountainous trail terrain.......?... ...love seeing that stuff when chained to the desk.......:help:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the main problem with the lack of photos, is that we're too busy riding to stop and take them.
and our main photographers (wndrckr) skill level on the bike is going thru the roof this spring.

i'm surprised he's taken the time to snap the ones he has.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
dhbuilder said:
the main problem with the lack of photos, is that we're too busy riding to stop and take them.
and our main photographers (wndrckr) skill level on the bike is going thru the roof this spring.

i'm surprised he's taken the time to snap the ones he has.
...understood......just that i have been looking at the photos for 2-3 years now and still don't have a 'full view' of the place.....looks like fun though.......would do all your work justice to put up a 'photo tour' though....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
in two more weekends, some of your neighbors from the f.p.p. site will be payin us a visit.
are you in with that crew ?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Cant Climb said:
...understood......just that i have been looking at the photos for 2-3 years now and still don't have a 'full view' of the place.....looks like fun though.......would do all your work justice to put up a 'photo tour' though....
I don't think the site will host that many photos bro. Honestly...that mountain is so retardly long that just a gallery of one run would be ridiculous. I guess the best thing would be a helmet cam of each run. But...Joey spends all his money on rocks and dirt...not cameras.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
dhbuilder said:
in two more weekends, some of your neighbors from the f.p.p. site will be payin us a visit.
are you in with that crew ?
maybe next spring, not going to be able swing it this year.......virtual tour will have to do til then.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
damn fellas looks sick. joey you and your boys have done some great work over there. hopefully ill be able to get out there for the mtnx race with my boys. geese hate i missed this weekend. ohh and butch awsome pics man.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
W4S said:
Looks sweet. Where are your priorities, we need more pics. What's the verticle on that place? Length of runs?
Most of the trails have 1700 ft of vert in about 1.5 - 2.0 miles. But there is one trail that drops around 2500 ft of vert.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
1,670ft. of drop, right off the edge of the cumberland plateau.
most runs are in the three and a half to seven minute range, depending on your skill and speed.

the average pitch is really steep. with most runs somewhere in the mile and three quarters or two and a half range..(did i mention steep ?)
the terrain is very rocky, with some trails that are nothing but rockgardens. not just sections of rocks.

we have eleven major trails, with enough connectors to offer at least 21 different ways down the mt.

there are jumps and drops all throughout the system.
most jumps are high speed and around the 25-35ft range. with one being 40ft.
i would say the drops are about medium ht. by huckers standards. but this place is geared more towards speeding than hucking.

we also have a new freeride area that seems to qickly becoming a big hit with locals. again the emphasis here is on speed and flow, as apposed to big hucks.

we operate with the full support of the coal creek mining co. who owns the land. and the windrock a.t.v club, which manages the o.h.v.trails in the area.

as proud as we are about the trail system we've built over the last six years. it's the relationship that i've developed with these two groups that i'm most proud of. this is a very good situation we have up here. and the amount of land that's been givin to us is incredible.
we have no restrictions on what we can build or how i operate the area.
without their support, i would have nothing.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
picture number 18 of cam mccrea and terry jeffers in the southernrocks trail has always been one of my favorites.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the cool thing is.
the whole dang mt. is like this. not just certain sections like so many other places.
there's no place to rest between the start and the parking lot at the bottom.
so much of it has never been photographed because it's too danged hard getting back in there.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Cooter Brown said:
would one of y'all mind putting up some directions. I'd like to make it out to Windrock this summer/fall from the Kansas City area

thanks
A friend of mine that just moved to Kansas City will be driving out in 2 weeks to ride Windrock. PM Frucci if you want to hook up for a ride.

And next time I better blur out the Uhaul logo before those guys get wise to "in-town" rental deal.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
W4S said:
Those pics are awesome, you guys are stoked. This is close to Knoxville, right?

Hopefully we can get something more like that moving around here.
EC: fly to ALT or Knoxville on April 7th and you can shuttle with us all weekend.

R

richcreek

profro said:
Most of the trails have 1700 ft of vert in about 1.5 - 2.0 miles. But there is one trail that drops around 2500 ft of vert.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
next time one of those rediculous east vs. west threads get started, get ready for "the south" to take on the winner.

R

richcreek

where is windrock at, i would like to ride there but dont know where it is and cant find a webpage on the internet

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
awsome fellas cant wait till i get to shred up there again. maybee this time ill bring ben along with me and we can help with shuttles. keep up the good pics (preferably ones that arent on the page please) there the only things that keep me sane.