Quantcast

Windrock March 20th-21st

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I HAVE to find a way to ride down there.

A buddy of mine and I were thinking of going down sometime in late april early may, is it pretty easy to hook up with a group to shuttle with?

First annual Windrock's best of Funny Crashes award. Bet I could place fairly high on that list. Bet that water was cold!
Good to meet you and Scuba hope to see you guys here in a couple of weeks when Lou comes up.
Yeah 2 big stupid ones for me as well one on the first run and on the last. I didnt realize the new wooden ramp for the creek jump required more speed than the old one. I scrubed speed because there were some guys coming in from the Freeride section but I thought I have plenty of speed still...well once I went off the lip I realized I was wrong! I cased the Sh$t out of it and went over the bars in front of all those guys, great way to start the day.
Then I was just telling Jason about Ziska's big crash on the road gap last year when he got off a little too far the side and his wheel broke and went into his fork completely locking up his front end and sending everything flying. Well last run I went way to far left of the landing, front smashed into that rock,flatted and busted up my front wheel,and nearly sent me flying over the bars. Those two guys on the Glory's watched the whole thing. :redface:
Big thanks to Josh and his trailer. Really good time, great weather,and quite a good turn out.

Last edited:

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
Good to meet you and Scuba hope to see you guys here in a couple of weeks when Lou comes up.

You to man . It was great. Baring natural disaster or act of god I will be there. So pumped after that trip.

Yeah 2 big stupid ones for me as well one on the first run and on the last. I didnt realize the new wooden ramp for the creek jump required more speed than the old one. I scrubed speed because there were some guys coming in from the Freeride section but I thought I have plenty of speed still...well once I went off the lip I realized I was wrong! I cased the Sh$t out of it and went over the bars in front of all those guys, great way to start the day.
Then I was just telling Jason about Ziska's big crash on the road gap last year when he got off a little too far the side and his wheel broke and went into his fork completely locking up his front end and sending everything flying. Well last run I went way to far left of the landing, front smashed into that rock,flatted and busted up my front wheel,and nearly sent me flying over the bars. Those two guys on the Glory's watched the whole thing. :redface:

OUch. Well great place to wreck. I hate crashin when nobody is watchin. Seems to take the fun out of the whole experiance.

Seems every time I go I think I'm getting better and better riders show up and prove that its all in my head.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Fun stuff at Windrock. Thanks for bringing the shuttle and the good times in tow :rockout:

Two small clips (you can click view in hd), should've tighten the straps a little more on the camera but you get the idea. Wanted to show a bit more of the handlebars in the video so that's why its not pointed forward as much as we typically have it.

Hope your leg is feeling better Josh (resting on the tree there in the beginning of the vid...)
Awesome!! I got my 15 seconds of fame.:D Leg feels better, spent the next day icing it while I wore out my PS3. Plus beer cures all ailments.:thumb:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
You have the greatest Windrock shuttle vehicle EVUH!!! What was crazy was that when your truck went down, there were 3 other diesels sitting there for back-up. To think, we could have torched 4 whole trannies and never missed a run!!!

You deserve a plaque on the wall or a merit badge. Hope you get your rig sorted out brother!!:thumb::thumb:
I'm not certified in truckyology, but the fluid levels are good and it runs to and fro with no leaks (major ones). I guess it was a just a rough day for him.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I didn't case it at all. I just cut the clip upon landing as the mount on my camera moved and it starting filming straight down. I think I have it worked out now though!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I didn't case it at all. I just cut the clip upon landing as the mount on my camera moved and it starting filming straight down. I think I have it worked out now though!
Look what happened to this guy on the road gap. I saw it in the video section next to your clip. Frightening.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/93482/

Anybody know how he's doing? And no, the time stamp is not from this weekend, but last fall.