Quantcast

Windrock May 19 or 20

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
hell yeah...oh wait....I'm out
We are gonna need you there in the parking lot........Sunday 20th has become the official day.

I just got to the point where I can actually carry something on my collar bone, about 7 weeks seemed to be the turning point.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Tell 'em to just follow the water, how could that go wrong? Parking lot will be dull without you Josh.
Its only been two weeks and I'm already pulling my hair out. This woulda been a bad weekend for me anyway, I just remembered its my wife and I's 10 year anniversary. We woulda only been married exactly 10 if I was healthy and went to WR.:bonk:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
We are gonna need you there in the parking lot........Sunday 20th has become the official day.

I just got to the point where I can actually carry something on my collar bone, about 7 weeks seemed to be the turning point.
Does it feel pretty good DH'n after only 7 weeks? Cause just working right now is killing me. The odd movements suck a$$.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Does it feel pretty good DH'n after only 7 weeks? Cause just working right now is killing me. The odd movements suck a$$.
I only feel it when I give somebody the ol...

Riding DH is ok as long as I don't purposely pull on the bars-like wheelies/manuals.

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Is there gonna be people out there sat and sun or just sun? Ive never been out there and trying to talk the wife into letting me go.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Is there gonna be people out there sat and sun or just sun? Ive never been out there and trying to talk the wife into letting me go.
3 or 4 of us are coming over from NC Sunday, I haven't heard of anyone else going Saturday. If you can make it Sunday let me know and we can meet you or look for ya somewhere.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Riding DH is ok as long as I don't purposely pull on the bars-like wheelies/manuals.

ummmm yeah that means you're not ready yet. You're gonna love how that thing feels when you take a hit to the shoulder.

Personally, I stay on the road until I can pull manuals again when I've done collarbones/shoulders. I would recommend you do the same Josh. Seems like a long time but 8 weeks or so ain't nothin.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
ummmm yeah that means you're not ready yet. You're gonna love how that thing feels when you take a hit to the shoulder.

Personally, I stay on the road until I can pull manuals again when I've done collarbones/shoulders. I would recommend you do the same Josh. Seems like a long time but 8 weeks or so ain't nothin.
I think I already have that in my head. I remember talking to you a couple months back and you broke yours again on a landing right? Besides its not just riding that I'm worried about, these that two weeks of building fences has humbled me. I know I have to fully let it heal otherwise I'm gonna be a broke dick.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Windrock was nice and quite today. Old crow showed up and smoked things over and hopefully he won't be skeered away. It sprinkled twice but the cloud cover kept the heat down.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Got my butt handed to me by DH runs today. Thought I was gonna have a heat stroke at one point. That place is ridiculously fun and will sneak up on you when you least expect it. The wide open step down jump near the top was fantastic.

Can't believe there aren't 17-25 year old shredding the snot out of it. I honestly just think the shops around Knoxville do that place such a disservice. They should all have fleets of DH bikes at the ready to buy/rent. ;-)

OldCrow

Chimp
Apr 29, 2012
East Tn
Thanks guys for the education and the great advice. You guys are great ambassadors for the sport. I have all my gear ordered except for shoes? do you like flat specific dh/fr shoes like the 5 10 shoes or would indoor soccer shoes work ok they are flat. & i plan on having a bike in route from somewhere this week.
Thanks again guys for taking me along and letting me help shuttle.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Thanks guys for the education and the great advice. You guys are great ambassadors for the sport. I have all my gear ordered except for shoes? do you like flat specific dh/fr shoes like the 5 10 shoes or would indoor soccer shoes work ok they are flat. & i plan on having a bike in route from somewhere this week.
Thanks again guys for taking me along and letting me help shuttle.
5.10 Impacts. They make all the difference in the world. They are sized how your normal shoe size runs.

rocklobster, the only overgrowth I had a problem with was at the start of Windill but that's b/c I fell on flat ground into it. That doesn't really count.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I think I already have that in my head. I remember talking to you a couple months back and you broke yours again on a landing right? Besides its not just riding that I'm worried about, these that two weeks of building fences has humbled me. I know I have to fully let it heal otherwise I'm gonna be a broke dick.
I didn't see this until today. Mine was shoulder dislocations so a little different but I've done the collarbone too. I was just saying to be careful and let your doctor and your body let you know when you're ready. Personally, I was not comfortable riding DH at all until I could yank on the bars without pain. About 8 weeks for my collarbone, which wasn't repaired surgically.

Right now I'm almost 6 months off a shoulder repair and haven't ridden a DH bike yet and am still pretty concerned about the potential results of a big crash. Many a DHer has doubled his recovery time by coming back too soon, so I encourage everyone to be patient.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
I definitely second that. I have been on both sides of it and I would absolutely recommend waiting until well past when you feel 100%.