Quantcast

Windrock "road gap" jump

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I managed with the help of a friend to get a nice shot of me going over the road gap at Windrock. I think this pic actually does the jump justice (and makes me look good too). For those who haven't been to Windrock, this jump is just the tip of the Ice Berg, but I was too afraid to take my camera out on the trails to take anymore photos.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Cool. Good to put an RM handle to a bike/face (I was on a blue GT and one of the dudes in the white truck who got there early when it was starting to rain). Hope y'all can make it to the rock again.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm still trying to figure out how it got smaller.
my tape still reads off 22 ft. minimum.
and 35+ ft. or more maximum.
and a 6-8 ft. drop to landing.

hmmmmm.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I paid my $10 and got a pink zip tie to use the shuttle. I'm not running a 25.4 bar that needs a reducer. That is the zip tie. What I want to know is what does that have to do with hitting this jump?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Was that you sitting above the jump later in the day on Sunday when the Morewood guys came through with about 5 guys in a row?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I was above the jump where you turn off of trail 1 when you guys came through.

And JohnM was just giving you a hard time. I remember you and that you paid. I was on the black V10 with the neck collar.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Was that you sitting above the jump later in the day on Sunday when the Morewood guys came through with about 5 guys in a row?
Yes that was me. I didn't think you all saw us. I snapped photos of you guys. The bad news is that I had the camera on manual focus and I must have moved the focus when I was previewing my pic. So the pics are a little blurry. I'll post them anyway if you want to see. They just don't look as good as mine.

I knew you all were joking about paying for the shuttle.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I thought I was going to die. I threw a super lazy whip and then I looked over and saw you guys and my left foot started to float off the pedal. Before I knew it, my right foot back pedaled to the 6 o'clock position. Yikes! I landed with one foot on the bike. I have NO IDEA how I didn't get bucked. I even prepared myself before touchdown. I thought... this is going to hurt and then Geritt will run over me.

However you guys were hiding up there like ninjas. However I'll always look at pictures if you got them.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
OK I'll post up the pictures tonight. We were just finishing up our session when we heard you guys up the mountain, So we moved ourselves and bikes off the trail as much as possible to not screw you guys up.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thats Geritt. I'm not sure if he did. But its a good thing that new backside was built. If not he would have come up way short. He needs to get some new skills. :rolleyes:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Doubt it...Heard it rocks though.

I fly in on Wed afternoon (Charlotte) and have to build up my bike from shipping it out there. Thursday afternoon we drive out to SS (too bad the other SS snow summit is closed ;) ) ride there Fri-Mon, and I fly back to SoCal on Tues. Yeah, I'm a SoCal'r now. Mission Viejo in the OC.