Quantcast

Windrock Saturday May7th?

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
Wanting to head up Saturday to ride windrock ... jeffkill ... keenan ... Fitz...Rajun Cajun?????? anyone else going to be riding. I have a long bed crewcab to help with the shuttles

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think we need to take out a life insurance policy on Doug, Mark and crew. If they die, we're gonna need a lot of money to cover buying new shuttle vehicles, equipment...a trail crew.

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
we will be out there in the morning just look for the "crownfence/exterior vinyl" tan chevy truck and the vpfrees :)

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
windrock was killer all what I expected and more ... Thanks for all the work done up there it rules!!! Southern rocks is for the mentaly insane (people that ride way better than I ever will). Had fun meeting everyone up there and can't wait to go back. Of course capped off by the almost as epic as the rides the feast at Capt Toms :)

Attachments

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
Yep necker crushed the whole thing perfectly. He has more bike talent in his pinkie than I
Have in my whole body.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You can only get better through practice and pushing your limits. Southern Rocks is a man's trail and to be honest its a memorization trail. Since its all rock its hard to see the lines, at speed, and in real time.

Check out this vid. Don't know if you have seen it but there is a lot of Southern Rocks and you'll see I did my share of crashing as well.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Southern Rocks. The secret line trail. If you don't ride it, you won't know it. If you ride it alot...your rear wheel blows! :D

Last time there, I snapped two spokes on flat ground on Southern Rocks and never put a ding in the rim

I think southern rocks has a bad rep. Just mention the trail name and people cringe and most have ridden it maybe 1-2 times. Its one of the most flat trails on the hill. Its not a trail that you can "wing it" in regards to line choice, you really gotta plan your moves.
One of my favorite runs is riding the top of trail #1 from the 3 way, then crossing over to drop-out, then turn right and ride the ladder drop to connect back into lower southern rocks, then ride the road for a second and drop into GT-4.
If you haven't ridden this your doing it wrong.....:monkeydance:

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
1st time I ever hit southern rocks was in the fall. (and not during the epic conditions of the fall ride). def not a good idea. rolled more of the rocks with my body than my bike. but when u get it its way easier than it looks

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
One of my favorite runs is riding the top of trail #1 from the 3 way, then crossing over to drop-out, then turn right and ride the ladder drop to connect back into lower southern rocks, then ride the road for a second and drop into GT-4.
I'd like to try this on our next trip, it sounds like a good mix of everything that is WR.

Doug,

Thanks again for all of your efforts!! We couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

J