Quantcast

Windrock Sept 19-20

tommygii

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
Hey, never been to windrock. Looking to make a trip from Indiana. Anyone plan to be there this weekend that can help with a shuttle and/or show us the trails.

Thanks,
Tom

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Ughhh, its been a steady rain for the last two days and they are calling for it to continue through next week. Check back here before you head this way.

tommygii

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
thanks, I'll be leaving Friday evening. Is the Knoxville forecast the one i should be watching? Also, if it continues to rain, but is sunny/cloudy for the weekend, do the trails dry up well?

Knoxvillain

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
I'm going to go ahead and say forget it. Yes the Knoxville forecast is the one but I was out near Windrock all evening and it rained non stop. Sorry for the bad news.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I took a boat to work today.:brow:

Wish I could say the same. Seems like every where with in 3 hours of here has been getting dumped on. It has rained about 1/4" around my neighborhood in the last week.

Send all that rain to my house so I can yet the yard ready for new seed and grass this weekend. :thumb:

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
We have rode windrock wet a few times, once pouring down and half the trail was water but, I would not drive that far to go to winkrock this weekend unless a local is there to show you the trails. Going to windrock for the first time when wet and no locals to show you the trails, would be very risky.

p.s. do not hit the wood berms when wet!!!!! it hurts

tommygii

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
Thanks for the advice guys! Made the trip to diablo instead. The 60's and sunny all day, can't ask for any better.