Quantcast

Windrock Sunday?????

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
Anyone gonna be at THE ROCK this sunday? Me and one of the MO TOWN boys are thinking either THE ROCK or SUGAR. We haven't rode since we got back from SNOW SHOE and we need a FIX!!!!!!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
For the love of all that is good and holy, don't pass up Windrock for that slow a$$ lift and one trail at Sugar.

We rode at Windrock today. It was a little greasy, but tomorrow should be perfect. We'll be there all day tomorrow. See you then!

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
thank you profro, for putting that into perspective. I have never been there but my other 2 mo town boys have. But I know must go to the old faithful, heard there is some new stuff. We will see you then.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
so many good sessions have been happening lately !!
and this was one of the better ones of the summer.

you won't find the trails in any better shape than they were in today.
we all scored.

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
tgaines72 said:
it was good riding with everyone. What a great day, and the trail from the windmills was a marathon. We were up in the clouds at the top, and almost 10 degrees cooler.
That first pic is really cool with the windmill in the background. People who have never been there will see that shot and go "WTF is that!!".

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
first time on the windmill trail today :hot: that trail is awesome!

on a bad note- i got a yellow jacket up my sleeve halfway down middle finger on my first run. when i got to the bottom, it realized it was still there and stung me in the armpit twice. i was standing in the parking lot strying to pull my shirt over my helmet to let the dang thing out :rofl:

i think a few of us are shooting for tuesday morning...10 am maybe?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
"Sugar to the main stage"

Man what a weekend.

Spazwell came up and we rode just about every minute he was here. Windrock Windmill trail all day on Saturday, then Bigfoot dirt jumps for about 3 hours on Saturday evening, The Jewel of the City and PBR late Saturday night, then Windrock's lower trails until about 4pm on Sunday.

Good stuff...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Four runs from the Windmill trail and an evening shredding on Norris Lake, perfect. I had a blast riding the Windmill trail with everyone as it just kept getting better and better.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Sweet weekend, hanging out, riding.

Seeing the result of some dumbass rally style the family explorer down the windmill road and go kaplunk into the ravine upside down, was priceless.
:rofl: "Yeah, a deer ran out in front of me" and second response, "A truck ran me off the road".

sidenote: And remember to do your kegal exercises. :clue:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
what i noticed on my last run down from the very top was.

how well everybody rode the windmill trail from the top all the way to the parkinglot.
no trail wasting brake sliding.
the only rocks i saw dislodged were in the coal berms.
and that section of trail has selfdislodging capabilities anyway.
good lines were burned in on that trail.

the windmill trail needed to be finally be ridden in the way it happened this weekend.
under perfect conditions and with a large amount of quality riders.

good times.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
SpaZwEll said:
Sweet weekend, hanging out, riding.

Seeing the result of some dumbass rally style the family explorer down the windmill road and go kaplunk into the ravine upside down, was priceless.
:rofl: "Yeah, a deer ran out in front of me" and second response, "A truck ran me off the road".

sidenote: And remember to do your kegal exercises. :clue:
i was talking to fred sunday morning about that dumb@$$.
it was just liked we said saturday.
he was made very aware of the consequences of filling a falsified accident report.
i told him that we'd been driving that road all morning and right up above where he augered in, we could see his fresh fishtailing tracks right up to where the ________ (insert excuse here) "ran out in front of him."

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
awesome day at the ROCK as usual. Got my first dose of the windmill trail yesterday, kudoes to Mark and the boys. By the way thanks for the loaner shingaurds Mark and Ben. Good Luck this weekend at snowshoe boys.