Quantcast

Windrock this saturday, the 28th?

heggler9

Chimp
Feb 26, 2005
louisville, ky
hey, anyone gonna be riding? might be my last weekend down there depending on weather so it would be sweet to have some people to ride/shuttle with, as always i can throw down for gas. thanks

Oct 9, 2006
There will be a sizeable group there this weekend, rain dependent. I am coming up from columbia, demo dave, FRS Andy will be there, I may have up to five people with me. The ?kill? brothers should be there and probably a few more. Providing its not going to rain the entire time and the trails will be in shape we will ride!! :clue: see you there

moffatt

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
as of now.
saturday is a wait and see deal.
it'll probably be wet.
and there's going to be tons of wet leaves on the trailbeds.(you want no part of them when they're like that.)
it'll take half a day or so to get a couple of trails open.
i'd say no riding before noon.
if that early.

sunday should be perfect.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ok,
hears the deal for all ya'll coming in from out of town to ride this weekend.

we'll be getting rain all day and into the night.
and possibly tommorrow morning.

this time of year,
it's going to take at LEAST a day to get dry enough to ride.

then it'll take a half a day or so to get two trails cleared of leaves.
and then the prospect of having all the riders riding on just one or two trails that might be borderline too wet by sunday afternoon, won't be such a good idea.(some of the trails are going to stay leaf covered for the rest of the year anyway.)

i'd rather see everyone hold off till next weekend.
that way you'll get much more and better riding in for as far as you have to travel to get here.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ok,
hears the deal for all ya'll coming in from out of town to ride this weekend.

we'll be getting rain all day and into the night.
and possibly tommorrow morning.

this time of year,
it's going to take at LEAST a day to get dry enough to ride.

then it'll take a half a day or so to get two trails cleared of leaves.
and then the prospect of having all the riders riding on just one or two trails that might be borderline too wet by sunday afternoon, won't be such a good idea.(some of the trails are going to stay leaf covered for the rest of the year anyway.)

that way you'll get much more and better riding in for as far as you have to travel to get here.

It has been written so shall it be done.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Works for me. I have to leave Monday for Cali so I couldn't be there Sunday anyhow.

Although the following weekend is the Broadie bike demo at Carter's on Saturday, but I might as well make it a double header and come to WR on Sunday.

Jun 11, 2004
No problem.....completely understandable.

So it looks like myself and a few others will come up next Sunday (11/5/06) for a session.....weather permitting.

Hopefully the weather will hold up............would be great to get "The Rock" in again this year!

Guess I'll start watching the weather around Wednesday to see how things are looking......

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
then next weekend it shall be.

i'm just as itchin to ride as anybody.
but i'll be up there sunday to hike around and explore our new area.
before we build new trails on it.
we need to learn that section as well as we do where we are riding now.
we will do a much better job of laying out routes than what we've done in the past.