Quantcast

Windrock, TN 5/29....Who's game?

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
Ok, I know I won't get in trouble with Bizutch & Profro for posting this one......... :D :evil:

I'm going to Gatlinburg for Memorial Day weekend and I plan on shooting over to Windrock on Sunday 5/29 morning.

Anybody else have plans to go or want to hook up?

Bizutch, I travel armed so don't even think about greeting me with weapons..........................................kidding ;)

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
eio said:
Anybody else have plans to go or want to hook up?

Bizutch, I travel armed so don't even think about greeting me with weapons..........................................kidding ;)
Your not going to Shuttle are you? :p

I am scared to say where I am going for Memorial Day :evil:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No delicate trails here! Most of will be at the US Open, but there surely will be some riders there. Just to remind anyone, make sure to have your shuttle situation in place before you show up. Enjoy!

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
Man you guys are stiff in here.

Well it is a DH course and this is a DH forum right?

But, yes I will post this in the SE forum............sorry for the inconvenience. :nopity:

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Your not going to Shuttle are you? :p

I am scared to say where I am going for Memorial Day :evil:
I am officially disassociating myself from those 2 threads............ :p

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'm game. I may be at the U.S. Open, but my travel arrangements are still a bit unknown. If not...i'll see ya down there!

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Jeremy R said:
Doesn't Windrock have a silver F250 community truck for everybody to pile in?
:
I thought so. Diesel, manual trans. Kind of fun watching riders grab the wrong gear and a huge puff of black smoke come from tail pipe as said truck's owner laughs. Good times.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude the downhill isnt worth it unless it is earned, didnt you all know that? just pedal to the top.

wimps.

seriously though i have pedaled to the top on a hot july day and lemme tell ya it aint fun. certainly have your shuttle arrangements made before you get there.

man i cant wait to come back out to windrock sometime.

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
OK, here's a semi-dumb question.

If my wife and kid were to come with me, is there anything for them to do near the parking lot?

Like some trails to hike on, or a creek to play in, maybe a mosquito infested ditch or something...........ya know something to keep them busy whilst I'm breaking my neck.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
eio said:
OK, here's a semi-dumb question.

If my wife and kid were to come with me, is there anything for them to do near the parking lot?

Like some trails to hike on, or a creek to play in, maybe a mosquito infested ditch or something...........ya know something to keep them busy whilst I'm breaking my neck.
There is a tobacco spitting contest they may be interested in. :blah:

There is a creek to play in and some trails, but the best thing to do for off the bike entertainment is easily Hillbilly Watching. Much to see... much to see. They may need 2 days to take it all in.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
There is a tobacco spitting contest they may be interested in. :blah:

There is a creek to play in and some trails, but the best thing to do for off the bike entertainment is easily Hillbilly Watching. Much to see... much to see. They may need 2 days to take it all in.
to the left of the DH course at the top, there is a massive section of Rockcrawler trail...if those guys are in there it will take up 2 hours of their time...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Windrock on Memorial day:1000's of Rednecks, long weekend, 4x4's, ATVs

As my daddy would say " that makes as much sense as tits on a nun"!

I'm sure you'll be able to get with a mile or two of the parking lot.

:thumb:

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
spoke80 said:
Windrock on Memorial day:1000's of Rednecks, long weekend, 4x4's, ATVs

As my daddy would say " that makes as much sense as tits on a nun"!

I'm sure you'll be able to get with a mile or two of the parking lot.

:thumb:
Hmmm. I didn't think about the redneck factor.

Are they Baptist rednecks?......cuz 5/29 is a Sunday.
In that case there will only be hundreds of rednecks up until around noon when church lets out. :evil:

Bizutch, what say you about these rednecks?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
At Windrock they have a PA system set up so that you can get your redneck on while giving props to da jesus.

I'm not trying to spook you (snake handler church) but it will be busy (speaking in tongues) on the road (my daughter is my wife) and in the lot. The usual weekend patrols (you sure do gotta pretty mouth) will be in affect so it should be (you better pray real good) undercontrol. I would not reccomend camping (squeal for me piggy) due to the fact that most of the available space will be occupied.

And as always you could check with Joey ( 45 cal. by my side) cause he'll be there if he isn't already.

PM me if you need his number.

Rock out! :oink:

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
spoke80 said:
I'm not trying to spook you (snake handler church) but it will be busy (speaking in tongues) on the road (my daughter is my wife) and in the lot. The usual weekend patrols (you sure do gotta pretty mouth) will be in affect so it should be (you better pray real good) undercontrol. I would not reccomend camping (squeal for me piggy) due to the fact that most of the available space will be occupied.

And as always you could check with Joey ( 45 cal. by my side) cause he'll be there if he isn't already.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............

Reeeeeee.......reeeeeeeee..........reeeeeeeeee......reeeeeeeeeeeee.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No joke, you can hear the "preachen" as you decend over the PA system. Rather interesting indeed. But more than that, the ATV factor could be through the roof. Too many close-calls as you cross the road for me. Another weekend might be better if you can swing it, but if you can't you're sure to have a good time never-the-less.

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
Awlrighty then..........I'm a gonna get my redneck on and git down wit Jesus Sunday morning am.

Whoever is there, I'll be on a black ano VP-Free..........see ya there and thanks for the info brothas.

CAN I GETTTA HALLELUJAH?!!!!

WhiteVten

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Atl
spoke80 said:
At Windrock they have a PA system set up so that you can get your redneck on while giving props to da jesus.

PM me if you need his number.

Rock out! :oink:

Classic post. :D