Quantcast

Windrock Video from today

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
So it turns out an old riding buddy is quite good with a camera and editing. Just a quick edit from today before I ruined all the fun from breaking my fork. You can see said breaking fork crash in the vid.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Holy crap! How did I miss out on that fun? Sucks about your fork...I know a suspension expert or 2.

Edit: I want to drive back over there today so bad.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Nice video there, Doug. Looks dry and loose! What happened to your fork? Didn't look too terrible in the video but I couldn't see so well. I trust your shin-vag has healed up well...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Shin-vag is all healed up. I tried pretty hard yesterday to add more injuries, but all worked out ok. I crashed for the first time ever on the road gap. Landed bad and went straight to my head.

The arch broke on the fork. Not sure what did it however.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Shin-vag is all healed up. I tried pretty hard yesterday to add more injuries, but all worked out ok. I crashed for the first time ever on the road gap. Landed bad and went straight to my head.

The arch broke on the fork. Not sure what did it however.

The correct answer to that question is that it broke because YOU were riding it.:rofl:

Ha, I thought of you guys this weekend when I was drifting sideways down Black Mountain. If Pisgah was that dry and loose, I KNOW you guys were getting silly in that windrock dirt.

Ronny Gradie

Chimp
Sep 22, 2007
Pacifica, CA
thanks for sharing the video Doug, it's been a long time since I've hit windrock. I hope to make it back some day, let me know if you are ever back out the tahoe / norcal and we'll have to catch a ride.

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
The correct answer to that question is that it broke because YOU were riding it.:rofl:

Ha, I thought of you guys this weekend when I was drifting sideways down Black Mountain. If Pisgah was that dry and loose, I KNOW you guys were getting silly in that windrock dirt.
that seams like a bad idea to me, i did that trail once when i was staying at a friends house in asheville im booking down the trail and come around a turn and theres a guy with a walking cane and dog taking up the whole trail :rant: so i went off the trial into a tree...I hate two way traffic trails, everyone should go down instead :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
thanks for sharing the video Doug, it's been a long time since I've hit windrock. I hope to make it back some day, let me know if you are ever back out the tahoe / norcal and we'll have to catch a ride.

Ronnie, Dang its been a long time. I might just have to make a trip just for the riding!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
lol :D

That was a a silly looking off!
My foot got peeled off and it threw my weight funny. Not a lot of room to go wandering on the trail bed but I think it resulted in a nice little pirouette. However result was a broken set of Boxxer lowers at the arch. I've absolutely smashed a previous model Boxxer and never broken lowers. I just had to scratch my head on that one.

My foot got peeled off and it threw my weight funny. Not a lot of room to go wandering on the trail bed but I think it resulted in a nice little pirouette. However result was a broken set of Boxxer lowers at the arch. I've absolutely smashed a previous model Boxxer and never broken lowers. I just had to scratch my head on that one.

Dude , your a hack.
Get used to it.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Hmm, been hearing of LOTS of broken boxxer lowers at the arch around here.