Quantcast

[Wingding]Friday GMT[Wingding]

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's midnight and I am just getting to bed. Radiator and fan are out. Sparks are fully installed and that assembly is back together. Thermostat is out, leaving room to access and replace the oil hoses going into the VANOS units. The hoses are perfectly clear. No obstructions or the like. At this point it's going to be either the support valve behind the VANOS or the units themselves. Hopefully not the later, as they are f*ing expensive.

I'll see you folks in 6 hours once I wake up.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ran the boat up the coast to the boatyard to be hauled with father-in-law last night.
Was a wet, windy and rowdy affair with big swells (in the trough, surrounded by wall of water on all sides big) but a good time.
Grabbed a burger and beer after and had some great conversation as well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
found some old yet unexpired antibiotics in the medicine bin last night. took them on a whim. seems to have helped, or maybe just placebo effect. either way i'll take it.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
cnc programming past two nights ( first time titanium!! )
cnc operating and set up this morning
and a pretty decent AL TIG bead just now.. havnt done Al TIG in a shit long time
bzzzzzzzzzzz dab dab dab dab dab

beers and highland after work till sunday!!! yeww!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mega-release-and-boss-leaving-party-in-the-office-this-afternoon. But, shitload of work and unreasonable deliverables need to be done also. I hope I'll ride tonight and tomorrow and do some DH on Sunday, otherwise I am going nutz.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Mega-release-and-boss-leaving-party-in-the-office-this-afternoon. But, shitload of work and unreasonable deliverables need to be done also. I hope I'll ride tonight and tomorrow and do some DH on Sunday, otherwise I am going nutz.
i hear ya... havnt hit up DH in 2 weeks and im going bonkers

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Busy last night tracking down all my cool weather fishing and kayaking gear then putting the kayak rack on the Volvo. Still need to load the stuff up after work and swap out a floating fly line for a intermediate sinking line on one of my 3 reels for the lake that we are going to fish on Saturday. Another day on the short bus in the meantime

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Busy last night tracking down all my cool weather fishing and kayaking gear then putting the kayak rack on the Volvo. Still need to load the stuff up after work and swap out a floating fly line for a intermediate sinking line on one of my 3 reels for the lake that we are going to fish on Saturday. Another day on the short bus in the meantime
volvos ftfw

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Trunk or Treat race at the BMX track tonight - last one of the local season...I'm going as a background gorilla in the Planet of the Apes...finally a reason to wear my bandoleer! Kid is going as Iron Spider by mashing up his Spider and Iron Man stuff. Tomorrow he goes full mummy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Slung a shit ton more dirt last night and I think I'm getting pretty close to finishing off my French drain. It'll be nice to get that buttoned up, some proper grading installed, and the sprinkler system back together.

T-5 weeks until wedding day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Slung a shit ton more dirt last night and I think I'm getting pretty close to finishing off my French drain. It'll be nice to get that buttoned up, some proper grading installed, and the sprinkler system back together.

T-5 weeks until wedding day.
You should be riding bikes while you can.

Digging holes around hose is what married doods do.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I need to start (continue) car shopping. 190k and all is not well.
You know you get only the best advice regarding cars for Ridemonkey. @Nick I say 911 with a bike rack. I have seen it before.

Nice ride this morning with my new merino base layer which kept me much warmer and more comfortable than the synthetic baselayer. Really nice ride to work too with clear blue skies. My commuter is just such a damn nice bike. The quality of the Shimano 105 keeps impressing me. Having a nice bike when you ride every day really help the fun factor. I still think @Toshi should not get a e bike :dance:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Meetings to figure out a plan to fill the positions left by the mass exodus of admin staff followed by "so long!" Lunch/beers today.

Productivity will be low.

Wet weekend coming up. Kinda excited for Halloween. Older kid is starting to "get" it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Morning To Do's then off to the big ditch, unless I change my mind last minute & head to JT where it will be warmer.

Sunday I start getting really close to 40 years of age.

I got a job interview over the phone on Monday for two seperate positions. If I get either one I will be moving to Tahoe for the season.

have a good weekend yall!
...now back to bed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Or neither. Says ye without all the facts.
Didn't you say it was viral? Antibiotics will not help.

Different antibiotics target different types of infections, randomly taking AB for random infection leaves a chance that said AB could be ineffective for that specific infection.

Not taking a full cycle if antibiotics is bad as it can just lead to an antibiotic resistant infection.

Unnecessarily taking AB is bad for the reasons above as well as fucking up your microbial biome.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Didn't you say it was viral? Antibiotics will not help.

Not taking a full cycle if antibiotics is bad as it can just lead to an antibiotic resistant infection.

Unnecessarily taking AB is bad for the reasons above as well as fucking up your microbial biome.
Doc said it was viral based on a negative quick test, but didn't order a culture.

Last time - and only other time - I had strep, the quick test was negative but the culture was positive. ABs I found are full round z-pack, thanks.

I'm fully on board with the notion of not taking ABs unnecessarily; this is the third time I've needed them in the last 5 years (once strep once sinus infection). I was having a complete non-response to both ibuprofen and acetaminophen; typically I will respond to one or the other (when I have a viral infection).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Last day of my weekend and the kid is finally off to school. So of course its windy, cold, and trying it's damnedest to snow/rain. Not sure if I should HTFU or just stay inside and play computer games.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back at work. Haley woke me up at 5am and was an little isht all morning long.

Can't wait to get home to start working on the car again. I'm pretty sure that I can get everything done this weekend. Hopefully I can get it fired up and running by Sunday night. In theory, it should run quite a bit better and my torque should be back up to full levels.

Wifey arranged a Halloween group for tomorrow night, so apparently we're doing that.

I just want to spend my time getting the damn car running. It started having problems in early September. We're almost 2 months down at this point.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Friday! I went on a brewery tour of Boneyard Brewery last night with the Central Oregon Beer Angels. That place is killing it. Doubt most of ya around the country have heard of them though. Small place. Anywho - always fun to hang out with women who enjoy good beer since I spend a lot of time hanging around dudes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doc said it was viral based on a negative quick test, but didn't order a culture.

Last time - and only other time - I had strep, the quick test was negative but the culture was positive. ABs I found are full round z-pack, thanks.

I'm fully on board with the notion of not taking ABs unnecessarily; this is the third time I've needed them in the last 5 years (once strep once sinus infection). I was having a complete non-response to both ibuprofen and acetaminophen; typically I will respond to one or the other (when I have a viral infection).
Looks like Zithromax targets streptococcus, so yer in the right direction there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
found some old yet unexpired antibiotics in the medicine bin last night. took them on a whim. seems to have helped, or maybe just placebo effect. either way i'll take it.
I'm sure any pill-shaped item that was inserted per rectum in the same manner would have produced the same effect. :D

Claus: the e-bike is still going to happen. I ordered winter tires for the 29er yesterday that will slot over nicely to the e-bike, so I have no excuse save for the cold to not ride in.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Happy Friday! I went on a brewery tour of Boneyard Brewery last night with the Central Oregon Beer Angels. That place is killing it. Doubt most of ya around the country have heard of them though. Small place. Anywho - always fun to hang out with women who enjoy good beer since I spend a lot of time hanging around dudes.
The Boneyard crew is rad. I always look forward to seeing them when they roll through town.