Quantcast

Winter Ride Pics

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Saturday:

...with an extra 15 minutes back tracking to find these. White frames in white snow:shakefist:

New Years Day...snow still in most all places, but this was in 38 degree pouring rain..and my bud fell in the river(full on) and then busted his elbow on a frozen dirt road 100 yards from the car:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
winter riding means our annual Ray's trip :D
Noah getting his backflip

i've been working and teaching firearms too much lately so not much in the form of trail riding...but i did build a hip out of one of the berms at the rifle range on my lunch break yesterday ;) (i also was just approved to build a "skills trail" on the 12+ acres surrounding our firearms training facility for the bike course i teach...does that make me a paid trail builder? ;) :thumb: )

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
i hate you:mad::stosh::shakefist::thumbsdown::banghead: :butcher:
It's funny. We're having some strange weather where snow is supposed to get down to the 800' level this friday and people are straight freaking out. I've heard talk of some people working from home that day so they don't have to drive in the snow. It sounds kinda weenie but it sort of has merit since I don't think our road crews have any idea how to clear snow.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
It's funny. We're having some strange weather where snow is supposed to get down to the 800' level this friday and people are straight freaking out. I've heard talk of some people working from home that day so they don't have to drive in the snow. It sounds kinda weenie but it sort of has merit since I don't think our road crews have any idea how to clear snow.
come to new england for snow driving lessons :rofl:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ah Joe look what you did now. You made me stop lurking and join. Still shredding and still have a mans Beard.
Nice! Once spring time rolls around I'll have to head up so you and Sparky can drag me around the trails. I'll apologize now ahead of time for calling you both multiple 4-letter words.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Well I went snowboarding on Sat. which was our most "winterlike" conditions for those that stayed behind in Santa Barbara. Got back only to get in some DH on Sunday on our wet, muddy and yes...slightly snowy trails :D

Here's a video of the first 1/3 of the trail from that day....it was COLD!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Nice vid... How are the SB trails doing now? I rode Coldwater (I believe that is what it was called) a few years back, but then there was a fire and I never knew if it was good to come back up there again.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Nice vid... How are the SB trails doing now? I rode Coldwater (I believe that is what it was called) a few years back, but then there was a fire and I never knew if it was good to come back up there again.
It's Coldspring but ya...they're doing pretty well actually. CS never really got hit from the fire, it was more tunnel which got burned completely. For a while tunnel was pretty sketchy but as you see in the video...it's not that bad anymore.

I'm just getting back into riding DH after a break from the National Champs in 2010 where I fractured some ribs...then broke my wrist after they healed. It's so fun getting back into riding again :D