Quantcast

Wintergreen questions

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
What is open at wintergreen right now Ralph? I live down the street and am off for a couple days.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Does anyone know if Wintergreen rents decent downhill bikes and all of the armour to go along? How much does it all cost and are the trails worth the cost or would it just be better to wait and go to Snowshoe to introduce someone to DH and rent all the gear?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mud'n'sweat said:
What is open at wintergreen right now Ralph? I live down the street and am off for a couple days.
From what they said their open this Thursday, officially. It seems they keep changing it.

Anyone have a better handle on it?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
VT Mtbkr said:
Does anyone know if Wintergreen rents decent downhill bikes and all of the armour to go along? How much does it all cost and are the trails worth the cost or would it just be better to wait and go to Snowshoe to introduce someone to DH and rent all the gear?
I would say that Wintergreen is a good place to be introduced to DH but I have never been to Snowshoe so I can't make a fair comparision. Wintergreen does rent out Kona bikes that are a few years old and have been riden hard, however they have also been maintained. The pads are several years old too and I have no idea how often they have been washed! :hot: But it is closer then SS so you could easily make a day trip out of it.
As for the rental costs of the items needed, I have no idea

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
JD you just seem to have all the hook-ups. First windrock now wintergreen. Whats next SS. lol

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Wintergreen has no dirt jumps at all. I dont even know if they have a trail crew since that one guy doesnt do it from what i understand.

In comparison their is none between WG and Snowshoe. One is run by the same people that do whistler one isnt.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Whoa, hold on a second. I thought I just responded to another thread. I don't recall starting a new thread titled "wintergreen questions". Ralph, I know you're fackin wit me bro! :rofl: :cool:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
JYETI said:
Whats next SS. lol

Doesn't OldSchoolBiker have a condo there? There's your hookup.

I didn't get the job in Tenn btw. I was pretty bummed when I heard the news. No Windrock in my immediate future. :mad:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mud'n'sweat said:
Whoa, hold on a second. I thought I just responded to another thread. I don't recall starting a new thread titled "wintergreen questions". Ralph, I know you're fackin wit me bro! :rofl: :cool:
What? Don't you remember?:nonono:

:D

I split the thread because I wanted to keep the XC stuff separate. I kinda derailed the thread myself, so I split the thread. :)

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
without disagreeing with all that's been said about the general low-budgetness of wintergreen, snowshoe is a terrible place for beginners. It is nothing but steep rocky runs with very little terrain that would let somebody warm up to the sport.