Quantcast

Wintergreen, Saturday August 14th? anybody?

PBbike679

Chimp
May 7, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
hey monkies, ya i know that most of us have boycotted Wintergreen this year, but me and Stephen Gray were going to head up their Saturday if its not storming. Just seeing if anybody else would be up there, see yall on the trails

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Just curious, why is everyone boycotting Wintergreen, I've been there only once, and I would probably not go back, but that's b/c I'd rather drive an hour more and go to Snowshoe. I might go back if I want to take a beginner down some intermediate trails. But it's not like I am going out of my way to boycott Wintergreen. Just curious.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
RATM said:
Just curious, why is everyone boycotting Wintergreen, I've been there only once, and I would probably not go back, but that's b/c I'd rather drive an hour more and go to Snowshoe. I might go back if I want to take a beginner down some intermediate trails. But it's not like I am going out of my way to boycott Wintergreen. Just curious.

because they hate bikers.

case closed.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If any monkeys do hit it up now, they certainly don't howl about it here for fear of being perceived as a "scab". I am still trying in my mind to rank the relative lameness of the overnight stiff-arms MD/DC/VA riders have received at Cunningham Falls, Sugarloaf Mt., Whitetail Mt., Wintergreen, etc. and other places I used to enjoy riding.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Long story short. They could have made a lot of money with what was offered. They said they dont want core riders. That is all. So they kicked the guys who built the trails all out of their spare time for free off the mountain.

Trails suck now.