Quantcast

Wired shut.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
One week done after my jaw surgery. Wired shut for 5 weeks. No solid food. Tired of boost, whey protein, ensure, milkshakes, smooties and soup. Might kill my self if I can't eat something good. Help :looney:

Raacerx

Monkey
Dont know if you like Indian food, but Trader Joes has these premade Indian food dishes like Bombay Potatoes and Madras Lentils. The potatoes are spicey and sort of like Indian mashes potatoes. The lentils would require a little blender action but Ive actually tried this before for another recipe and its good on its own. Grab some sausage or something and throw it in there too for more protein.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
dan wask said:
One week done after my jaw surgery. Wired shut for 5 weeks. No solid food. Tired of boost, whey protein, ensure, milkshakes, smooties and soup. Might kill my self if I can't eat something good. Help :looney:
I feel your pain - had mine wired shut for six weeks when I was 18. I used to stuff food into a blender, add some milk, and puree it. Pizza, mac & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches ... pretty much anything that has milk or cheese in it will work. Good luck.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Raacerx said:
Dont know if you like Indian food, but Trader Joes has these premade Indian food dishes like Bombay Potatoes and Madras Lentils. The potatoes are spicey and sort of like Indian mashes potatoes. The lentils would require a little blender action but Ive actually tried this before for another recipe and its good on its own. Grab some sausage or something and throw it in there too for more protein.

sausage in a blender. you should contact KFC with your ingenious bowl ideas.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
laura said:
sausage in a blender. you should contact KFC with your ingenious bowl ideas.

Oh dang, nice one! :rofl:

That sounds really nasty but I've never been wired shut and who knows? At some point a pizza milkshake might sound good. :help:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Its soo damn hard to swallow even liquids, I'm still pretty swollen. I just downed two cups of chicken broth and a strawberry (virgin :rolleyes: ) daquiri. Trust me, even those damn KFC bowl things look good now.