Shimano XT Cassette 9 Speed
Shimano XT Mega 9 Rear Derailleur SGS M750
Rock Shox Reba Race Air U-Turn Fork
and XT Front Derailleur

I'm gonna need a job..:dead:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Looks nice, with the exception of the reba.

I like all XT's, but we'll see. A good shop stand is priority right now.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
i need ideas for new fork...i just have the stock duke xc..i need something with adjustable travel..oh..do i need a shimano hub to put on a shimano cassette?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
VaNIlLin81 said:
i need ideas for new fork...i just have the stock duke xc..i need something with adjustable travel..oh..do i need a shimano hub to put on a shimano cassette?

All hubs and cassettes are interchangable.

My wish for the season is just to get as many trips to SS as posible and for my bike to stay together. Just need to get my shock pushed and I should be good for the season

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
mud'n'sweat said:
What travel range are you looking for?

anything from 100-120..im not really interested in the poploc or it switch...just to much to worry about, i would rather have the travel adjuster on the fork

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
my wish, a healthy season with lots of riding with minimal injuries....

DH bike would be nice, but I'm ok without it...

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I really like my 2005 Manitou Minute 1:00. Got a steal on it down at Performance for $239.99.

It's got a travel range of 100mm-130mm. no remote systems to worry about breaking down, it has the RTWD (rapid travel wind down) which is a quick and fast stem adjuster. The fork is plush with a great pedaling platform and minimal maintenance.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
I want brian to become a stupid looking retard wait that already happend. JUST KIDDING. I want nothing at all well maybe some super light components for my xc bike and a minut for it pluss some new pedals and a SS seasons pass as well as I WG seasons pass but other than that im set.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
All I REALLY want at this point if for my damn Ellsworth to be ready for Thursday, hell, even by Saturday would do at this point! The rest of my **** better get here in the mail tommorow:mumble:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Yeah. Superdeft hit it on the head. I'm so tired of cold weather. At least I am until it's 100 degrees with 99% humidity, then I'll be complaining that it's too hot. So that and to learn how to do 14 foot hucks to flatzors.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Wouldn't it be the tits if we could just have fall weather for half the year, and spring the other half!

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
wannabeabonedoc said:
So that and to learn how to do 14 foot hucks to flatzors.
Good thing your a bone doc :) , 14 ft. to flat may hurt a little bit. But if you can do that by the end of this year, more power to ya.

I want my bike to not break and I want to go to the 3 day gravity camp at Snowshoe. Actually I just want to go to Snowshoe period.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Actually I just want to go to Snowshoe period.
I have been doing about 12 trips a summer to SS for the past few years. Most of which I drive by myself there to meet up with my buddies from Ohio. Any time I have space you are welcome. Some gas money and company would be nice. That is if you can handle hanging out of with us old people.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
getting

Hope M4's

888rc
I am sure I will get the beat down for this. Check into the avalibility of parts for the Hopes. It is better than it used to be but I have seen a couple people SOL because they couldnt find parts for those brakes. Saw one guys brake pad disintergrate at SS on the first run and he was out for the rest of the weekend. Everyone had Hayes pads but no hopes. Like I said it is probably better now just something to think about

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Rented at SS for two days last season and it was worth insofar as I wouldn't have had a good time on my hardtail, but the fact that the bike had been flogged a million times before me wasn't so great.

The rear shock on the Stinky wasn't holding more than 100psi which meant it was ridiculously soft for my 240# self. The rear mech didn't work, not that I really needed it or a chain even. And the fork was crap as you would expect from a Drop Off Triple.

But it was decent after I pulled the slipping grips and pedals off and put my own on there.

Oh and it showed me that I definitely don't want to buy a Stinky!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wannabeabonedoc said:
Denjen, whenever you find yourself going to Snowshoe by yourself, you let me know. If'n you dont mind a slow guy on a trek. Is it worth it to rent a bike up there?
Will do. Definatly worth renting up there.

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
denjen said:
I have been doing about 12 trips a summer to SS for the past few years. Most of which I drive by myself there to meet up with my buddies from Ohio. Any time I have space you are welcome. Some gas money and company would be nice. That is if you can handle hanging out of with us old people.
Hells yea. I'll throw in some gas money and whatnot for a trip to snowshoe. I think I'll be able to deal with the old people too. :rofl:
PM me if you have any dates set so I can check my "availability" lol

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Hells yea. I'll throw in some gas money and whatnot for a trip to snowshoe. I think I'll be able to deal with the old people too. :rofl:
PM me if you have any dates set so I can check my "availability" lol
I dont even know what I am doing next week yet alone next summer. I do know that they will have the lift running 7 weekends this summer on the big side. Will try and hit all of those. Also going to try and do all 4 races. Plus when ever else I can sneak out.

5/27 - 28: Freeride Weekend- Season Opening
6/24-25: Race 1
7/1-2: July 4th
7/21-22: Race 2
8/12-13: Wine and Jazz
8/18,19,20: Monster Park / Race 3
9/9-10: Mayhem - Series Final

Might miss the season opening because of work.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
I dont even know what I am doing next week yet alone next summer. I do know that they will have the lift running 7 weekends this summer on the big side. Will try and hit all of those. Also going to try and do all 4 races. Plus when ever else I can sneak out.

5/27 - 28: Freeride Weekend- Season Opening
6/24-25: Race 1
7/1-2: July 4th
7/21-22: Race 2
8/12-13: Wine and Jazz
8/18,19,20: Monster Park / Race 3
9/9-10: Mayhem - Series Final

Might miss the season opening because of work.

You damn well know that I'm on that list!!!

Actually, I have the trailer we can use to GET there...Plus the jeep...:thumb: