Quantcast

WISP DH Course available ?????

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
THANKS !!!!

I'll try to contact Mike Hartlove at Racer's Edge and see if he has any info on the course.

If I find anything out, I'll let you know which trails are being used.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
DHZombie said:
THANKS !!!!

I'll try to contact Mike Hartlove at Racer's Edge and see if he has any info on the course.

If I find anything out, I'll let you know which trails are being used.
Yeah, Mike is a real good source. Tell 'em Ralph says wassup. Thanks.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
On a side note. Do any of you guys know if you have to pre-register for the race? Like online or something? Or can I show up on the day of practice and sign up there? Ive ridden there a few times this year, but this will be my first race.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigHitComp04 said:
On a side note. Do any of you guys know if you have to pre-register for the race? Like online or something? Or can I show up on the day of practice and sign up there? Ive ridden there a few times this year, but this will be my first race.
Two years ago you were able to sign up there.

As far as the trail, if it is the same one as 2 years ago, then this is how to ride it. Now please remember it has changed quit a bit.

At the top of the lift when you turn facing down the mountain, there is a ski patrol building towards the right. On the mountain side of the building there is a platform they used for starting the riders. The minute you leave the platform there’s a small drop and a small rocky section; after which you go through a clear section then right into a real steep muddy drop, and then a small section of woods again. You go through a clearing about maybe 50 yards long (?) with two little hills, then a small clearing which is where the “g” out section is. You have to get way back in the saddle to roll down it and at the bottom of the apex; it sucks your suspension down and shoots you right out. (That was my favorite part). Then you go through some woods, and then there is a section that has a 45 degree lean to the right that when wet, is real tricky as it sucks you right in.

You have to hit it pretty high so you can come out of it without sliding of the trail. At the end is a sweet little table top and then to the finish.

That’s to the best of my memory. Anyone jump in and correct me because I know I missed a few things and messed a couple up as well.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
Course sounds GREAT !!!

Hope you can upload the helmetcam video.

I'll be heading out there next weekend for some recon. Hope to see some of you there for some tips on riding the sections.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, Here ya go! The rider with the camera is another member of this board, and the one in the red shirt and blue pants that likes to crash is me.

I sped up one section when we are not riding to make it a shorter and smaller clip.

It is severly compressed, it went from a gig to 11mb, so bear with me :)
Right click, Save as

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
Well, Here ya go! The rider with the camera is another member of this board, and the one in the red shirt and blue pants that likes to crash is me.

I sped up one section when we are not riding to make it a shorter and smaller clip.

It is severly compressed, it went from a gig to 11mb, so bear with me :)
Right click, Save as

Dude, that brought back many great memories of the week I spent up there with the family! I was watching the vid, trying to look up, and that lean to the right in the mud section had me almost fall out of my chair! LOL!!!

Thanks dude!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Last year was a GREAT time, I hope that this year will be even more fun :) (I'm 21 now, and i'll have my lady friend with me, so that should help!)

And Robert, if you are reading this, lets try to not be the first to greet Mike Hartlove again ;)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
Last year was a GREAT time, I hope that this year will be even more fun :) (I'm 21 now, and i'll have my lady friend with me, so that should help!)

And Robert, if you are reading this, lets try to not be the first to greet Mike Hartlove again ;)

I wish we could go up this year but it doesn't look like I'll be able too. However, a friend of the family built a house up there so I'm thinkin hell yeah, next year once or twice.

Hell, I'm ready to go riding now! I got all the stuff together. Replaced the armor. Bikes good to go. Now I'm chompin at the bit.

BTW, the vide you posted was the course they used in 2002 and apparently last year. That "porch" or deck of the building you ride over, if you look to your right the trail heads off that way leading to the G-out.

How is Mike anyhow?