Quantcast

Wisp DH trails open this weekend 3-7-12

MCCOYBOY

Chimp
Aug 14, 2011
The wisp facebook paige says they are opening up the trails this weekend. I'm riding there Sunday, anyone want to join?

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Did you mean to say 4-7-12 as the date?

That's awesome they are opening so soon, I might try to get down there in the next few weeks. Let us know how the conditions are.

MCCOYBOY

Chimp
Aug 14, 2011
Sorry about the date. I did in fact mean 4-7-12. So I got to the mountain a little after they opened and was surprised to see a few DH bikes and riders already going up the lift. I was breaking in my new bike and was really happy to see the lift operator was so careful not to put the first scratch on it and they were all super nice as well. The first run down was awesome. The trails were really nice and there was only one tree down across the trail and that happened while I was there.

I found myself chatting with one of the lift operators about my bike and the trails and he started telling me about all the plans they have for this season. First off they are getting all new rental bikes and they chose to go with the 2012 Giant Glory. That alone will be a big improvement from last year and then he started telling me about the new trails they will be building this year. The are also planning on running a few races this year. Sounds like it will be a good year for DH at the wisp :)

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
I saw on their site the lift should be running next weekend, April 21-22. I'm going to try to make it down there that weekend. What do you think Just?