Quantcast

Wisp Info for 2007

wispoutdoors

Chimp
Jul 11, 2006
Here is the info for Wisp 2007 season:

We are adding some new trails, we plan to continue to build trails that anyone can ride, rolling, berms, drops and etc, with more difficult options off these trails for advanced level riders. Our focus is on trails that service all ability levels and that are fun for beginner - advanced level riders. We will continue to improve on the area's best dual course from last season. Look for continued trail improvements and added features on the current trail network. (4) race event weekends for 2007. We continue to be focused on being a quality and affordable riding destination within 2 - 3 hours of Northern Va/Washington area with lots of other recreation options, lodging options from luxary to camping nearby, f & b and nightlife options, we apprecaite the riders and racers that supported us last season and we look forward to offering you more for your money in 2007. We will open for the 2007 season May 26th.

2007 rates:
Summer Season pass for lift and trails $149, if purchased by May 29 $125, just ask for the Ride Monkey early season special.

All day trail/park pass with lift access $30

Freeride/downhill bike rental (2 hours) $55 includes trail/park and lift pass
Freeride/downhill bike rental all day $95 includes trail/park and lift pass

Intro to Freeride Clinic (2.5 hours) $75 includes trail/park and lift pass, downhill bike rental

Race dates:
May 27-28 Wisp Opener $35 downhill, $20 dual, both events $50, Sat - Dual qualifer 2pm, Dual finials 7pm,

June 16 - 17, Capitol Cup race, jointly with Racer's Edge, $50 downhill, $30 dual, $75 both events

July 14 - 15, Maryland State Downhill Championship, jointly with Racer's Edge, , $50 downhill, $30 dual, $75 both events

September 29 - 30 Wisp Downhill Finials, jointly with Racer's Edge, $50 downhill, $30 dual, $75 both events

All race fees include 2 days trail/park and lift access. We want racing to be affordable at Wisp. Look for discount on site hotel lodging for race weekends in 2007.

Check out wispresort.com for more race and trail updates as the season gets closer. Ride on Monkeys...Ride Wisp

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
yellowrake said:
We will be hosting a trail building weekend at Wisp this Saturday and Sunday (July 28-29). We have secured a mini excavator and a skid loader for both days and we intend to extend the new jump trail all the way to the bottom. We also have several wooden features planned and are ready to be built. Interested volunteers may call Mike Hartlove 410-984-7268 or simply show up at the Wisp Oudoors building either day.
Relocated from incorrect thread.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yellowrake,

you need to get your hands on all of the discarded lumber from the coaster they are finishing up. All of the left over cut offs would make some killer northshore chit!

PS... does anyone ride the trails each morning to make sure things are good? We were there on Sunday and there were 3 trees down on the trails. I know that it isn't that big of a deal, but to spend $30 on a lift pass and find out you are the one telling the lift operators where the problem areas are is a little backwards.

I am not busting on anyone but mearly stating in a constructive manor that maybe somone from the resort should hit the trails each day to make sure they are clear. :thumb:

bitchhater

Chimp
Jul 25, 2007
you got to be kidding me.. there was a tree down in the woods? that's crazy they made you pay $30 because surely that lift doesn't cost anything to run and those trails we all know that for $30 they should all be perfect all the time.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
you got to be kidding me.. there was a tree down in the woods? that's crazy they made you pay $30 because surely that lift doesn't cost anything to run and those trails we all know that for $30 they should all be perfect all the time.
When you have 4 trails you should be sure they are running. You go ride those sections and see how frustraiting it is...

That lift needs to move faster to...constructive critisism but it just needs to happen it really limits your runs.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Not one tree, out of "4" trails there were 3 trees blocking portions of the trails that were too big for us to move... and a fourth tree that we could and did move!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Here's your one and only warning. Registering additional usernames so that you can criticize without actually showing your face is both cowardly and against board rules. This username has been banned. If this problem persists, your original username will be banned as well.

Got it? You could at least have the balls to take ownership of your own opinions.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Here's your one and only warning. Registering additional usernames so that you can criticize without actually showing your face is both cowardly and against board rules. This username has been banned. If this problem persists, your original username will be banned as well.

Got it? You could at least have the balls to take ownership of your own opinions.
Here, here. It's about time someone calls out the haters who frequent this site.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

NIIIIIICE.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Dear "bitchhater":

The guys came down, rode the trails, and offered some constructive criticism. They did not ask for free season passes or anything else, they just pointed out that some trail maintenance could have improved their experience.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I think the funny thing is... that we had a fvcking blast at Wisp!

I was stoked on the newer jump line (straight ahead from the roll in)

as far as DH/FR there are not that many options for us around here, and I am happy to help out the cause and use every hill in the area that has a lift assisted program to help establish those programs.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Totally agree with brungeman, i dont really understand the funding or work crew situation at wisp but it doesnt seem like it would be that hard to start throwing some more man made bike park style stuff in on the trails. I love going down but i get a bit bored at the end of the day, i guess it all comes with time!

Props to everyone working on the hill.