Quantcast

Wisp May 24/25

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Who all is heading up to Wisp for their opening race? I know its the same weekend as the Open, but it was a good time last year with minimal lift lines. Does anyone know if Wisp Hotel is doing their "Racer Rate" because that was an awesome price!

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Yeah, I have heard they are doing the racers special same as all other years. Just hope the conditions are a little dryer than they were this weekend.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Has anyone seen or have pictures of the new step down and road gap built up there? I've heard rumors and it sounds sick
We just put some pics up on racersedgeonline.com
FYI. the road gap is not for the faint of heart!
Hope to see you all at Wisp this weekend!
There will be no dual this weekend as we will be re-building the track Friday and Saturday. Anyone who wants to help may earn a free lift pass.

Feb 12, 2008
Maryland
My original accommodation plans fell through, so I'm in the same boat. There is a hotel off 68 in Hazelton, WV with lots of vacancies, they are $69 a night. Its only a 20 min drive to deep creek

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
That's far. Maybe I'll sleep in the back of my truck again. . .

I know camping on site is forbidden or whatever, but anybody know of a good place to spend a night out that way?

Alternatively, those of you who have hotel rooms, do you have room on your floor? If so, PM me and I'll buy the beer.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
There's a place to camp called the Bumble Bee or something like that.

Interesting things always happen there. Watch for drunken rednecks.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
There's a place to camp called the Bumble Bee or something like that.

Interesting things always happen there. Watch for a drunken DirtMcGirk.
fixed!

Anyone know, are there practice runs day of race? to check out the course? I know I can not make it down Saturday to preride... and if I do head down for the race, I would rather not "dry run" it on the "race run":biggrin:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Last year we came to this race Saturday night after practice had closed. The next day we got in a good 4-5 runs before the actual race. You should be alright.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
saweet! If I can bail on family reunion obligations... I am there! I have to hit 7-springs on Monday.

did I read it's a $50 entry fee? does that include a lift pass?

Feb 12, 2008
Maryland
Yeah I called them today and the $50 covers everything. They told me that you can register on saturday and have lift access that day and on sunday covered by the $50.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You going to be this side of the Mississippi?
You mean the wrong side of the Mississippi?

Nope, my corpulent tons-o-fun is going to be west coast this season, and the next six. We got an offer to move to DC, but I am not drunk enough all the time for that show.

I might be making it out once more for a Dia-Blow weekend. I dug riding there, and the extracurricular activities offered to my special people in Vernon are second to none.

But who knows lover, we might cross paths, and man swords, again.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
is there a "wisp series"? and if so, is this race part of said series? as in, the points accumulated from this race will apply to a grand total of points for the other races in the "series"?

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Hope everyone had a good time I know I did cant wait to see pictures... who is everyone and what were you riding. I was on a baby blue bottle rocket.

akern2

Chimp
Dec 4, 2007
All white Iron Horse Yakuze w/ Black Manitou's. Rode a lot with Leon and Levi.

2nd placing in beginner Jr. Not bad for my first time racing.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Yeah it was a fun race. I'll admit it was the funnest time ever at Wisp. However I wish the lift was faster. Now if Nick and Dustin will get online and post their pics.

However I wish the lift was faster.

Option A:
Buy a Nomad....pedal up...drop the seat....then do your race run:biggrin:

Option B:
Become governor of The GREAT STATE of MARYLAND, and change the law that states how fast the lift runs in the summer......

DK
C
F,Md.

Last edited:
Still nursing a broken hand.....I actually did it at Wisp on opening day. I blame Doty, because he was making fun of my Peaty shorts. Anyway I've been putting in the road and more recently the xc miles. I saw my doc on Fri, he thinks I could be back on a big bike by wed/thur of next week.

DK
C
F,Md.